Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:DOne of my friends just got the new g8gt and is always talking about how he will just leave me in the dust when he gets it ( i think hes just mad he couldn't find another gto) but he put in a kn intake and dont get me wrong it sounds mean, louder than his stock exhaust. My mods are (m6), lpe intake, and borla cat back. We went several times roling 30 and i jumped ahead by 3 cars within seconds. Let off about 100. He does have the bump stick but dont think he knows how to do it. then he wanted to go rolling at 15? ok so we did and i jumped ahead even more. He can take me from the start only because im not sure how to launch properly, but i catch him at about 60mph. Any tips for getting a good launch?
Thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
208 Posts
He should of gotten the GXP version instead. At least then he wouldnt of been beaten as bad. :lol: The G8 GT only has 355hp and weighs 200lb. more than your car. As for launching, practice, practice, practice. Try popping the clutch at around 2k rpms, then go to 2500, and so on and see where you can launch your car the best at. :cheers Nice kill though. :cool

·
Registered
380 Posts
Good kill and this is the first GTO kill of a G8 that I have heard of. Do you and your friend plan on doing any other mods for future races

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Thats cool. Wait till he finds out about cams and superchargers for that GT, it may have four doors and heavy but it can be fast. Remember 94-96 Impalla SS's and Buick Roadmasters?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts