Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to find a spot for something in our junk....I mean storage room I came across this that a friend of mine made me when I had my red '67 probably in 1983, he's a carpet installer and still use him and are still friends. I texted him to see if he'd make me a teal one....think he's ghosting me 馃槈 Anybody have any cool garage art 馃憤
Door mat Rectangle Flooring Wood Font
Property Motor vehicle Automotive design Stop sign Wall

Registered
1967 400/400
Im welder fabricator and one of my biggest sellers is metal art... so my shop is a cross between the Munsters house and Frankensteins Lab. No GTO stuff, yet though. I have a ton of gear-head creations from all of my failed projects, however, this will always be my favorite piece of art...
Vertebrate Handwriting Mammal Wood Font

Registered
Baaad, That carpet is too cool! I can see that in the trunk for shows.

Army, that letter is going to make a fantastic sign...I look forward to seeing the whole thing. Really good 3D effect on the cam!

Here's a few things that one might consider "art" in my shop...(76 C10 front clip)...

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

Not a GTO front end, but I'd probably get shot around here if I did that! lol

Here's a taste of Pontiac, A plasma cut piece of 10 gage...

Wood Creative arts Wall Font Automotive tire

And, a side hobby of mine that I get into when the wrenches and sand paper (and budget) get the best of me...this sits on the shelf above my tool boxes...
Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Here's the caboose I just added to it (for size reference, all three pieces together is 52" long)...
Wheel Motor vehicle Toy Locomotive Rolling stock

Cool thread...keep them coming!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Baaad, That carpet is too cool! I can see that in the trunk for shows.

Army, that letter is going to make a fantastic sign...I look forward to seeing the whole thing. Really good 3D effect on the cam!

Here's a few things that one might consider "art" in my shop...(76 C10 front clip)...

View attachment 147353

Not a GTO front end, but I'd probably get shot around here if I did that! lol

Here's a taste of Pontiac, A plasma cut piece of 10 gage...

View attachment 147354

And, a side hobby of mine that I get into when the wrenches and sand paper (and budget) get the best of me...this sits on the shelf above my tool boxes... View attachment 147357

Here's the caboose I just added to it (for size reference, all three pieces together is 52" long)... View attachment 147358

Cool thread...keep them coming!
Cool stuff, that train is insane ! That's why I want a teal one (y)

Registered
Here's a blanket my wife made about 30 years ago for the back seat of the 66. We used to take it with, and drape it over the seat, but stopped when people at the shows kept reaching in to touch it. Now it just sits in a closet.

View attachment 147384
Very cool!

My wife does a lot of cross-stitch and I even got her a computer program that turns a photo into a x-stich pattern with hopes that my cars might end-up on cloth, but my family keeps popping out little ones and those little boogers get framed x-stich birth pictures and Chrismas stockings before my cars get hung on the wall...lol

Registered
Some cool stuff on here. I haven't really spent a ton of time decorating my garage yet. Seems like other projects on the honey do list always come first. Happy wife = happy life = I get to work on the car. I have picked up some racing memorabilia and posters. I also have some older tools and a Tonka truck from the 60's in there along with a model. Maybe the best item is the model of the B29 Super Fortress I built and then didn't know what to do with hanging from the ceiling. I would have gotten better pictures but the garage is a huge mess right now and I was trying to not show you guys what a huge slob I can be (we'll save that for new years).

My garage is also pretty small, has two cars in it and I do a lot of work in there.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well this isn't in the garage but I managed to secure the smallest wall in the basement for my car shrine....I know there's an '83 Hurst Olds up there that was just a friend with benefits and it got totaled, went back to Pontiac with a 1990 Bonneville SSE 馃憤
Picture frame Font Wall Art Wood

1 - 20 of 28 Posts