Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked 3 other guys from the local Pontiac club to enter Garland's Labor Day Parade with me. It's a big one, advertised as the 'largest west of the Mississippi' - and is always well attended.

I found some video that someone shot.... take a look about 20 or so seconds in:

(Yes, I had the dumps open :D )

Bear

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
We've done a few parades, the creeping along reeks havoc on the clutch and the engine temps. 90 mins is a long time lol. Some in the club refuse to do them now as a result of this so we no longer appear in them, but doing parades is cool. I had a blast.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've done a few parades, the creeping along reeks havoc on the clutch and the engine temps. 90 mins is a long time lol. Some in the club refuse to do them now as a result of this so we no longer appear in them, but doing parades is cool. I had a blast.
The Beast never got over 170-180, despite it being over 100 degrees outside by the time the parade was over. Thanks to a proper water pump plate clearance, twin electirc fans, and a good radiator I don't generally have any cooling problems under any conditions. :D

Bear

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
The Can Am is cool, you never see those around here anymore. Car looks and sounds good Bear. Glad to hear you've got all your mechanical Gremlins behind you.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the guy who has the Can Am used to have another that was a pretty serious race car. It ran on alky and I think was in the 8's. It was a total loss in a pretty ugly looking rollover at the track.

The one he drives now (the one you see in the parade) has the signatures of both Jim Wangers and Arnie Beswick on the underside of the deck lid.

Bear

·
Registered
855 Posts
I :agree parades are fun. I did the Derby Christmas one last year. Didn't have to worry about 100 degree weather just 30 and with the top down & the heater going full still had a great time. Will say the top didn't want to go down in that kind of cold!!!!!!!! Could have used a heated garage to warm the hydraulic fluid..Les

1 - 9 of 9 Posts