Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all... check this out.

For my work I have to drive to a remote office we have in another city twice a month, this is a 284 mile round trip. typically I fill up before I leave and then I stop 3/4 of the way on my trip home to fill up a second time. (average 1/4 tank left.) Oh and I set cruise control to about 90.. High desert no one out here.

Last week I installed a 160 stat and a Lingenfelter CAI, I took the same trip yesterday and to my surprise I did not fill up on the way home in fact, when I pulled in my garage I stll had 1/4 tank left.... WOW :D

Is anyone else getting these results??? Not to mention the cooler engine and better breathability makes a big difference (feel it inthe seat of my pants and I can hear the rubber burning longer :cool )

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
LS2FAST said:
Is anyone else getting these results???

Nope. Not even close.

The increased airflow through my CAI caused my engine to run richer and less efficiently ... the CAI rig did seem to facilitate slightly snappier throttle response but beyond that I get better mileage now with little to no apparent HP increase.

I drive farther (230 miles daily) and and higher sustained speeds every day than 99% of all GTOers so my case may be a weird one.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... what CAI do you have? Does it have the heat shield?

FYI -- I have also removed the insert of the hood to help release the hot air in the engine. I removed the GTO engine covers, because they also trap heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.