Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all... check this out.

For my work I have to drive to a remote office we have in another city twice a month, this is a 284 mile round trip. typically I fill up before I leave and then I stop 3/4 of the way on my trip home to fill up a second time. (average 1/4 tank left.) Oh and I set cruise control to about 90.. High desert no one out here.

Last week I installed a 160 stat and a Lingenfelter CAI, I took the same trip yesterday and to my surprise I did not fill up on the way home in fact, when I pulled in my garage I stll had 1/4 tank left.... WOW :D

Is anyone else getting these results??? Not to mention the cooler engine and better breathability makes a big difference (feel it inthe seat of my pants and I can hear the rubber burning longer :cool )

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... what CAI do you have? Does it have the heat shield?

FYI -- I have also removed the insert of the hood to help release the hot air in the engine. I removed the GTO engine covers, because they also trap heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.