Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting? The first few tanks of gas I got about 17 MPG and now I am at about 19.5 MPG. Thats using some very easy driving too. I have not really gotten on the GTO yet! I did't buy the car for good gas mileage, just wondering what others are getting?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I average over 26 on all hwy driving but around 17 at other times. I notice the cold weather, hills, and the amount of right foot insertion are key contributors to dropping the average. At 5000 miles I'm going to switch to Amsoil Synthetic in the engine and tranny and see if that makes any difference. I may even play with some vortex generators on the back of the roof line if I can find any.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The best so far is 23hwy/17city, not even close to the advertised 29mpg. I'm not complaining, I really didn't believe it anyway. I have a '96 Vette LT4 6spd 45,000 miles on it and it only gets 23mpg/hwy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love seeing the gas-o-meter read 3.5 mpg.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manaro, Did you read my post? I said I did not buy the car for good gas mileage, I was just curious what others were getting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Right now, I'm averaging between 21 to 22 mpg. I've never gotten below 20 mpg and the highest I've gotten is 24 mpg. Then again, I've not taken any purely highway trips in it either.

Greg

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been on two trips and leave thursday for a third,,each trip is about 3000 miles r.t. I average about 26 with a m6 on cruise. :cheers Not bad,,especially when my GMC gets about 19 for the same trip :rofl:

·
Banned
27 Posts
After 13,000 miles...

Depending on my driving...on six gear and on the HWy....I've seen an average of 30 MPH...as long as I do not exceed 80 miles per hour.

Saludos!

R

·
0 Posts
Mileage

Tach Go Up Mileage Go Down,speed Go Up Mileage Go Down, 15.5
From Lead Foot Here ! Bumper To Bumper To Work, Hwy Home, 15.5
Thats With Slp Maf ,stock Air Cleaner ,going K&n This Saturday
Will Post Results Soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm amazed at the gas mileage in the GTO. I'm getting a little over 20 mpg all city driving. My old 4.6 ltr Mustang was getting a little over 16 on the same route. Added 1.1 ltrs, an automatic and 4 MPG by going to the goat (not to mention the extra HP), I'm thrilled! :cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Banana Goat said:
I'm amazed at the gas mileage in the GTO. I'm getting a little over 20 mpg all city driving. My old 4.6 ltr Mustang was getting a little over 16 on the same route. Added 1.1 ltrs, an automatic and 4 MPG by going to the goat (not to mention the extra HP), I'm thrilled! :cheers

:confused :confused :confused

20 MPG city in an auto???? Either your computer is wacky, you need to check your math, or maybe your friends are putting gas in your tank to mees with your head.

The latter reminds me or an old Gomer Pyle episode where where the guys were siphoning gas fro Sgt Carter's Pontiac Convertible. His gas mileage was so bad, (he was getting somewhere in the single digits) he sold the car to Gomer and then they started putting gas in. Gomer was getting like 20 something MPG and the sarge was pulling his hair out. Real funny.

If someone is messing with you, who cares, its free gas :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts