Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this would be a good topic.

What are you getting city and highway, and for the featherfoots out there, has anyone got 30mpg on the highway yet?

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I'm driving like a responsible adult, I can average 26-27 on the freeway with no problem.

Most of the time I'm getting 23-25 on the highway and 16-17 in the city.

·
Registered
432 Posts
4 hour trip on the highway, 65-75mph, 22 mpg. In town I was getting 12mpg, now that I'm at 4700 miles I'm getting 14mpg, maybe the engine is getting broke in. Is it too much to ask to have a Hybrid GTO, with 400hp, and 40mpg? Ok, I guess it is. :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 miles 12 gallons....

NAH j/k ... seems like it tho HAHAHAHAHA... I prolly spend like 30$ twice a week :willy: ... AND ... I got like 630 miles on the car and allready getting new tires LMAO...

"" U can tell how good a racer is by looking at how much he/she spends on gas and tires a year ""

:willy: :party:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually a good racer will always have fresh tread and a quarter tank of gas. And he will always tell you he never raced before and just wants to see what the car can do.

:-D

·
Registered
304 Posts
With just under 4K miles I'm averaging 20mpg......town and highway. While I will from time to time "waste" a little gas I drive pretty aggressive on the highway. You have to in this state to survive.

JET

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
12,700 miles. Averaged 25.8 mpg on a 250 mile trip to NY City a couple of weeks ago under ideal conditions, 65 Mph on cruise with barely any traffic.

I never drive more than a few miles in "city" conditions. I live in the cow pastures of PA. But on an 80 mile round trip to work with a few lights and a mix of highway and secondary roads, I average about 22-23 mpg @ 80 mph. No complaints.

By the way, 93 Octane is sellling for $2.279 here in the cow pasture.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I averaged 20.1 mpg on a 4500 mile round trip vacation from Louisiana to Yosemite Park back in late July. The car had 1100 miles on it when the vacation started. Now I have a little over 10,000 miles on the 05 Goat and my milage has crept up to 22 to 23 mpg on 200 mile plus trips.

On a side note, the LS 2 used 2 quarts of oil on the vacation and now the oil consumption has stopped. Staying right on the full mark since the last change at 7000 miles.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I average ~21mpg Highway / City on my 230 mile RT commute. I usually keep the cruise nailed at 80mph on the freeway portion (with the occasional foray into felony velocities), and have a 4100' climb both ways.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
derf said:
Considering his mods, I'm surprised he's getting mileage that good... ;)
Yeah, and when I say "like a grandma" I'm not b.s.ing! I just filled up today, about half and half (city and hwy) and got 13.1 woooohoooo! The worst economy my car has ever seen in one tank of gas was 5mpg.... it was right after I put the cam in, just couldn't keep my foot out of it! Besides... Derf has seen the Fatbitch in person so he can get a really good idea of the economy... or lack there of! :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont even WANT to know how much you spend a month on gas. I thought I was doing bad spending $120 a month on gas driving to and from work. Im thinking yall spend that much a WEEK! lol

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
I dont even WANT to know how much you spend a month on gas. I thought I was doing bad spending $120 a month on gas driving to and from work. Im thinking yall spend that much a WEEK! lol
My bill a month is around $225.00, the bill I don't want is GROUCHO's..... 200+ miles a day, screw that! This dealership wouldn't/couldn't pay me enough!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We got a girl here at work who drives 120 miles EACH WAY to work (1200 a week) just so she could buy a house in her price range. I cant imagine doing that.......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.