Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
San Francisco Bay Area: Absolute least expensive is the Jackson Street Valero in Hayward @ 2.15 reg, 2.25 mid and 2.35 sup. Every other station is at least .08 more per gallon -- with the branded outfits like Chevron .16 more. What are you folks seeing out there?

·
Registered
88 Posts
going up each day

b_a_betterperson said:
San Francisco Bay Area: Absolute least expensive is the Jackson Street Valero in Hayward @ 2.15 reg, 2.25 mid and 2.35 sup. Every other station is at least .08 more per gallon -- with the branded outfits like Chevron .16 more. What are you folks seeing out there?
Tuesday: prem 2.29, wed 2.33,,today 2.35..going for the big $3.00....

Escondido, California Pricesssssss

·
Registered
106 Posts
93 octane is starting to top $2.00 a gallon but 87 is still below by a little.

I don't really care about gas prices so much. If I did, I wouldn't have bought my GTO.

·
Registered
314 Posts
derf said:
I don't really care about gas prices so much. If I did, I wouldn't have bought my GTO.

I agree, however my problem is that I am filling completely up every 3 days. Might be sleeping at the office if prices flirt with $3.00.

93: 2.36/gallon

Didn't I read in the owners manual that I can combine 2 parts of luke warm goats milk with 3 parts 93 to make a "get-by" substitute?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The lowest priced 93 octane I saw today was $1.99. Most stations are about $2.09 here in Northwest Austin, Anderson Mill Rd & RR 620 for $1.99.

·
Registered
41 Posts
here in southwest va.....filled up on one side of the county..1.98...went in to the big town of rocky mount,va.....2.15

·
Registered
307 Posts
Typical gas price hike for this time of year. People start driving more when the weather is nice, so prices go up for the higher demand.

Many of the stations around here in PA didn't price regular 87 over 2 bucks during the last price hikes - they'd go to 1.99 and no higher (sort of a psychological thing I guess), but a bunch of them are going over that now. And they were just at 1.83 for regular about a week or two ago. :mad:

·
Registered
314 Posts
BigNick said:
Typical gas price hike for this time of year. People start driving more when the weather is nice, so prices go up for the higher demand.

As I look outside this morning I question our local gas stations motives for the price hikes ($2.36 & 9/10ths) as there is 6 inches of snow around my house! Perfect weather for a weekend cruise. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Snow sucks. My GTO only has 671 miles on it right now because of snow. I've owned it since December.

Ouch. Even Sunoco 94 octane isn't 2.36 here (PA) yet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You all need to come on down to San Diego, CA. We get reamed on gas prices even when the national average is down because it's 'California'. I paid $2.42 for 91 octane today..:eek: ..That was on base! Kick on a dime per gallon and that's what the civilians pay... :willy:

·
Registered
314 Posts
GrayGoat said:
You all need to come on down to San Diego, CA. We get reamed on gas prices even when the national average is down because it's 'California'. I paid $2.42 for 91 octane today..:eek: ..That was on base! Kick on a dime per gallon and that's what the civilians pay... :willy:

Weather Report for San Diego 353 Days out of the Year: Beautiful.

I am so jealous, I wake up everyday and question why I am still here in Indiana, oh that's right my love of basketball.

·
Registered
531 Posts
This is the thing that gets me. Yesterday, gas goes from 2.02, up to 2.14 and no new fuel was delivered. So say they paid "x" for a 3 day supply.. shouldn't that cause a stable price until the next shipment when they pay "y" ? I think they see the other stations raising their prices as new fuel is delivered and the first one to go up causes a chain reaction. :confused

·
Registered
314 Posts
Saw 92 Octane @ $2.49 in South Bend on my way home from work this evening...when will the madness end?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Paid 2.37 For Prm Yesterday In Ill.
The Dist Mgr For B-p Was In The Shop Yesterday
And Said 3.00 A Gal This Summer I Ask Why .(because Of Crude)
What I Dont Get Crude Has Drop Some The Last Few
Day Why The Price Still Goes Up When Crude Goes Up
The Price Goes Up When Crude Goes Down The Price
Goes Up Something Rong With This Picture.
Leave It To Greedy Oil Companies To Screw Up The First
Hp Wars In 30years .

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
b_a_betterperson said:
Prices at that same station now 2.25 reg, 2.35 mid and 2.45 sup. However, everybody else is now charging at least 2.35 reg, 2.45 mid and 2.55 sup. And the rate of increases seems to be accelerating.

Every time a barrel of crude goes up by a buck, the cost of gas increases by 2.5 cents. Given that the oil companies are sitting on boatloads of cash and making record profits -- they're definitely making the most out of this situation. And the media keeps yapping that we're headed for $3 a gallon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts