Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was minding my own business fueling up BLU, (after getting a 40, jager, and redbull) this guy hops out of a car and sez..... gaaawwd da%% that is one hott mustaang.

HAHAHA :lol:

I had a chuckle, and told him its a GTO. He came over to look at BLU, asked if it was new, told him it was an 05...etc, etc...

Point in the story....has ANYONE had their hot arse goat called a stang?? I'm sure its happened, but the compliments supercede the slapintheface, in this instance!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Happened to me last week.

Was at lunch with a guy I usually go to lunch and another I don't. The guy I don't know gets out of the car (he was in it mind you) and says he thought it was a Mustang when he got in it. Only reason he knew it was 'a Pontiac' was because he'd seen the steering well.

The guy I usually go to lunch with, and two others at this point, look at me dying to see my reaction. They knew better.

And it's like this...... F*** him. I dismiss that kind of thing because if they're THAT ignorant not too know, then there's no point wasting your breath to explain it.

It's the sleeper quality exemplified in person. Let me see him pull up next to me in whatever HE'S driving

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just smoke his butt in what ever he is driving then he will remember how much a goat like's to eat up the road.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Speaking of gas stations

Yea.....I had a guy ask how I liked the G6. So stupid.

Sorry to change the subject....but do you ever buy gas at the stations where one hose serves all 3 grades of fuel? I don't. I believe there may be several gallons of whatever fuel the person in front of you pumped (probabaly regular) in the hose. Not a huge deal I don't guess but over time.....your getting ripped off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
:lol: I had a guy who worked at a Chevy dealership ask me if my car had a hemi in it....if anyone should know better...:eek:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
YouHolden? said:
:lol: I had a guy who worked at a Chevy dealership ask me if my car had a hemi in it....if anyone should know better...:eek:
Better yet, my son and his girlfriend had another couple over the other night. The other girl was really interested in cars, and I was showing her pictures of the GTO.

Anyhow, my son took the guy out to see my Chevelle. The girl, of course followed, and she came back wanting to know if the engine was a "hemi".

I gave her 100% credit for her interest in cars though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I get LOTS of compliments on this car from total strangers everywhere I stop. Some people actually know about the car and how fast it is.......had a guy yesterday tell me this.

JET

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Correct me wrong, but I do believe our chambers are hemishperical. So we do have Hemis.

Anyways ~ A cop told me that the car looked like a cavalier.
~My neighbor asked me what type of BMW it was.
~My dad asked why I got a camaro(in his defense he was over 100 yards away from the car)
~A guy in a C5 vette asked if it was the new Z06. Seriously he did

·
Registered
154 Posts
JWCACE said:
Do you ever buy gas at the stations where one hose serves all 3 grades of fuel? I don't. I believe there may be several gallons of whatever fuel the person in front of you pumped (probabaly regular) in the hose.
I do often and I seriously doubt there's over a gallon in there. Probably just a few ounces. Besides, what if the guy before you bought Super Unleaded anyway?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
GTODEALER said:
..... you're wrong.... they are NOT hemispherical combustion chambers....
Even the new DaimlerChrysler "Hemi" engines aren't true hemis. Has something to do with the positioning of the spark plug in the combustion chamber. A true Hemi is dead center -- where the new design, while Hemi-like, is definitely off a few degrees. Guess you can call it a Semi.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Even the new DaimlerChrysler "Hemi" engines aren't true hemis. Has something to do with the positioning of the spark plug in the combustion chamber. A true Hemi is dead center -- where the new design, while Hemi-like, is definitely off a few degrees. Guess you can call it a Semi.

You are absolutley correct. They have two spark plugs for each cylinder. But don't tell that to a Hemi owner. They will try to choke you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.