Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a three vent gas tank for a 1971 pontiac GTO that i have been trying to put together. The tank was missing when i got it, and in the trunk was a boat tank. I have found a web site listing fuel sending units and other parts. How would i know if i need a two line or single line?
Thanks in advance.
Guy

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Just purchased a three vent gas tank for a 1971 pontiac GTO that i have been trying to put together. The tank was missing when i got it, and in the trunk was a boat tank. I have found a web site listing fuel sending units and other parts. How would i know if i need a two line or single line?
Thanks in advance.
Guy
Off the top of my head, and not an owner of a '71, you most likely need the 2 line. One supplies gas to your fuel pump and the other 1/4" line is the return line which should also be found on the fuel pump.

I suspect one line may also be the vent tube on the tank. Some as I recall are on the filler neck, while others are on the tank depending on year.

Your 1971 chassis manual should show this.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
That might be the record! The post you responded to is over 10 years old.......

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Really doesn't matter as it seems all posts are "archived" and fall into a subject search -besides, who really checks the posting date? I don't and didn't, but it did get a reply and if the OP were to die tomorrow, he can at least die knowing someone answered the post and can "rest in peace." :)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The OP hasn't been active here since July 2005 so I doubt that this is high on his priority (or bucket) list.....:smile2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I appreciate your response. It's an issue for me, which is why I opened it back up. There were no responses back then, but it's a question and someone was able to help.
Good job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts