Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I did not see a thread on this so sorry if it is a duplicate. Actually I have two issues:

Car is a 69 convertible

1. My gauge cluster came loose. It was loose before, but when I did my engine and had the column out, I was able to get my hand up there and get some screws in place. I felt it was a temporary fix though. Went over some rough roads the other day and the gauges looked like the were gonna fall out. Now they wiggle and shake at the slightest bump. I assume I have to completely remove the dash to get up there correctly? I do not see how a dash pad like earlier years can be removed to get access. Removing the dash seems difficult and bums me out knowing all the vacuum back there. Do I need to remove the dash? Do I need to remove all components attached to it first? Is there a video somewhere that shows how to do this?

2. To cancel my left turn signal, I need to turn the wheel to at least the 8:00 position, but to cancel the right, barely 1:00. Is there a way to adjust that piece to even it out? Last I have the steering wheel off, it did not seem like that piece could move without affecting the position of the steering wheel.

Thanks a bunch!

Mike

·
Registered
55 Posts
Following on the dash stuff as i need to do some work there too.
For the turn signal issue, when my steering wheel was way off I had the same issue, is the steering wheel aligned properly?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,

My steering wheel is not off, it is centered properly. I have to turn my wheel well past a quarter turn on a left turn to cancel the blinker. On a right turn, I barely have to move it at all. For me to even it out and have the same amount of movement cancel each blinker, I would have to uncenter the wheel with the top of the wheel at about the 10:00 location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts