Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen (or installed) a gauge pod that replaces the "blank" plastic cover at the top of the center console. They're being sold on ebay. The gauges are Volts and oil pressure. I'm thinking about purchasing the set but would like to talk w/ someone who knows something about it first.

Regards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gauge pod

Thanks for the info. I see these match the main gauge cluster better than the seperate "Micky Mouse Ear" look that is also being sold on ebay. I like these a lot better. What gauges did you populate the holes with...oil pressure and? Would appreciate any pics you might have.

This probably isn't the proper forum but I would like to here from more San Diego/Orange County GTO owners and I would like to get a club together. I'll get the ball rolling.

Awesome cars...well worth the effort! :party:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am going with two Aeroforce Interceptors.

·
Registered
304 Posts
GGTTOO said:
Go to http://www.pfyc.com They have them there. I am getting one as soon as possible.
I'm looking at these also. Want to keep an eye on the electrical functions to avoid any battery problems. Can anyone recommend the appropriate gauges to match the GTO's?..........

JET

·
Registered
937 Posts
rollover said:
Is it just me or does $430 seem a bit steep for 2 guages? I got my K&N CAI and B&M short shifter shipped to the house for about $50 less then that. I love the way they look but just seems a tad outragious to me.
Heh. You sound like me. This is an old thread and on some of the earlier ones I said the exact same thing. $450 for 2 gauges is pretty steep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Holden said:
The 05 is already wired but have to take console and radio out to get to wire.
Negative. I actually pulled the top off last night and the wire in my 05 was just sitting in there. At least I guess that is the wire since it has a square, maybe 6 pin plug on the end. No radio pull out required for me to see the wire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did the live chat on PFYC and was told that the pods they sell are going to be in stock next week and plenty of them. That sells for $139. I was also looking at the autometer guages in the carbon fiber and those sell for around $50 per. I can definitely see doing this for $250 but not $430. Anyone know what the stock color guages sell for from say JHP? Also does anyone know if I were to use the autometer guages that are for volts and oil pressure which is what the factory guages are for, can I just tap into the existing wiring that is supplied in the 05s?

·
Registered
150 Posts
rollover said:
Anyone know what the stock color guages sell for from say JHP? Also does anyone know if I were to use the autometer guages that are for volts and oil pressure which is what the factory guages are for, can I just tap into the existing wiring that is supplied in the 05s?
The gauges from JHP will run around 200. There two gauges but one piece, so you can't have one without the other. It all depends on what you want for the car. I liked the look of the JHP pod and gauges and it was worth it to me to spend a little extra for it. If you don't like em or don't want to spend the money then don't. Any gauges are better than no gauges!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know if I were to use the autometer guages that are for volts and oil pressure which is what the factory guages are for, can I just tap into the existing wiring that is supplied in the 05s? Will the aftermarket guages work the same as the factory guages using the factory wiring making them pretty much plug and play?

·
Registered
304 Posts
hishep said:
If you truly want factory type gauges, try this url: http://www.jhp.com.au/monaro-gto/gto-interiors.php They are pricey ($450) but plug right in on the 2005/06 cars.
Do you have these in your car now? LMK......... I've never gotten a response to ANY email I've sent to this place. Makes me kinda nervous dealing with them. Also they don't post any prices..........why is that?

JEt

·
Registered
910 Posts
rollover said:
Is it just me or does $430 seem a bit steep for 2 guages? I got my K&N CAI and B&M short shifter shipped to the house for about $50 less then that. I love the way they look but just seems a tad outragious to me.
No doubt about it...... :agree ......but when you're the only show in town, this is what happens. If we wanna play, we gotta pay...........!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Do you have these in your car now? LMK......... I've never gotten a response to ANY email I've sent to this place. Makes me kinda nervous dealing with them. Also they don't post any prices..........why is that?

JEt
I personally know someone that has the Mutha Busser pod and gauges in their car. Looks great and functions properly. Thats why I decided to go that direction. I believe he is on the LS1GTO site,(JuniorSS)
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/member.php?u=239
.He lives by me and I saw them in the car. Very nice setup. :cool

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.