Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, i'm a Ford man by trade but this year I fell in love with the new Goats. I've been a car guy all my life and I even did a research paper on the history of the GTO for a school project. I stop every week to look at these cars at the dealership, just waiting until the day when I can get my own. The other day, I got an idea. I was thinking about how the '05 GTOs have hood scoops and it got me thinking about the Ram Air option packages from the musclecar era GTOs. Would any of you guys be interested in a Ram Air V decal for the hood of your car? I'm a young guy on a limited budget and I don't want to make these things unless there's demand. I plan on making them in black, white, and red, and they'll be in exactly the same style as the O.E. Ram Air IV decals. They will be made out of high quality vinyl. Any other colors you'd like to see? Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
IMHO I'd have a hard time with a Ram Air decal on a Hood that doesn't have ram air . If the 05 parts come out to make it ram air to a replacement CAI setup , then the decal would apply... The Classic owners may be interested.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad you brought that up. I was thinking that too, but it would also fit on the SLP hood, or late-model Firebirds/Trans Ams, or even *gasp* Grand Ams. Anyone else want to chime in? Don't be shy, I could use all the input can get. :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Don't mean to be a punk, but that bobblehead avatar is really annoying.

As for the decals, I'd keep things pretty simple. Folks are turned off by anything bogus, like putting replica "The Judge" or "Ram Air" decals on cars that aren't that way from the factory.

That said, you're probably better off talking to the owners of this forum about producing a single GTO Forum decal, or a subtle LS1 decal for 2004 owners and a equally subtle LS2 decal for 2005ers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. I'm kind of aiming for the nostalgia buyers out there.

That's Quagmire from Family Guy, I suppose i'll sh*tcan it for something different. But you won't like it...

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
As for the decals, I'd keep things pretty simple. Folks are turned off by anything bogus, like putting replica "The Judge" or "Ram Air" decals on cars that aren't that way from the factory.
:agree

b_a_betterperson said:
That said, you're probably better off talking to the owners of this forum about producing a single GTO Forum decal, or a subtle LS1 decal for 2004 owners and a equally subtle LS2 decal for 2005ers.
Not a bad idea!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Camshaft said:
Okay, here is a VERY quick mockup. Is everyone still hating it?
Try producing an LS2 decal for the same location on the hood -- as I believe you're intending to put these on the outside edges of the 2005 hood scoops.

If you look under the hood of a 2005 GTO, you'll notice that the engine is identified with an LS2 decal. I'd prepare a prototype based off of that font and size it to fit on the side of the scoop. To make it less garish, you could do a pinstripe outline -- allowing the color of the car's paint to appear within the letter forms themselves.

That said, I probably wouldn't put any decal on the hood of my car. Good luck. Thanks for adjusting the avatar. The other one was giving me a headache!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
b_a_betterperson said:
Try producing an LS2 decal for the same location on the hood -- as I believe you're intending to put these on the outside edges of the 2005 hood scoops.

If you look under the hood of a 2005 GTO, you'll notice that the engine is identified with an LS2 decal. I'd prepare a prototype based off of that font and size it to fit on the side of the scoop. To make it less garish, you could do a pinstripe outline -- allowing the color of the car's paint to appear within the letter forms themselves.

That said, I probably wouldn't put any decal on the hood of my car. Good luck. Thanks for adjusting the avatar. The other one was giving me a headache!
I am currently working on a very subtle LS2 decal, it is 80% done, just have to get the sizing right and settle on colors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.