Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
" I come from a land Down Under......." as the song goes. I'm glad that there is a site here to showcase one of Australia's best exports. I own one of the USA's best exports, a 1974 Corvette, but own a Holden Commodore, the precursor to the Holden Monaro, on which the GTO is based.
I have heard that not everyone over there is pleased with the looks of the GTO, many calling it "bland."

Well, the good news appears to be that bonnet, sorry, HOOD scoops are on their way. A friend who works at General Motors Holden in Melbourne told me that he saw a few left hand drive GTO coupes at Fishermen's Bend recently that should have you guys drooling. The cars were fitted with real hood scoops, true dual exhausts and a "6 litre" badge on each front fender. This is not a guarantee that the new cars will arrive in America in this format, but it still looks pretty good.

Great talking to you, good luck with the Forum

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn

·
Registered
5 Posts

Love the Monaro.....I've got a GTP.....considering upgrading to the GTO......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello,

I have been thinking about the GTO for the extra back seat room versa the C5's I have had. Would like a 6 speed as it would compliment the 1969 Chevelle 2 door hardtop I have that has a 454 dropped in it with a B & M slap stick shifter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think a C5 and a GTO is the way to go. Neighbor told me that the LS6 GTO should be showing up soon. I guess his father is in the business. That might make me pull the trigger.

·
Registered
95 Posts
DEM74 said:
I think a C5 and a GTO is the way to go. Neighbor told me that the LS6 GTO should be showing up soon. I guess his father is in the business. That might make me pull the trigger.
Actually the 2005 GTO will not have the LS6 but the LS2. Both great motors but I think the LS2 is a better choice for the GTO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool to know that a cooler looking GTO is coming in '05! I like the car, but I was looking for more, maybe this will push me over the top...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts