Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,499 Posts
I don't understand that much time and money into a car you can't drive.
Without the hood pad the engine compartment looks unfinished and I am really not into the whole restomod thing but he did it the way he wants it so it's all good.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
A lot of time and a ton of money invested in a car you really can't drive. Definitely a labor of love. I don't care for the red interior with the gold paint, odd combo I would think. I think if the firewall might have been gloss instead of flat, it might have looked better.

Gotta be worth $180K at the next Barrett-Jackson auction. :thumbsup:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I actually like it....Not my type of car (I like driving, not q-tipping!), it's too glossy/over restored, and I hate the firewall, but I otherwise like the engine compartment and approach. I like the Champagne/Red combo, too. The neat thing about this hobby is you can get as anal as you want to...or you can just burn rubber. It's all good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geeteeohguy

I prefer the burning rear wheel rubber side of the equation to be certain "a GTO" is a force and power to be reckoned with. The GTO is a legend and driving the legend is what it is all about.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice 67 RestoMod

It's a nice RestoMod, if you like RestoMods.

I don't like the firewall, it just looks so unnatural.

Don't care for the molded tonneau cover.

Strongly dislike the "boxed" trunk.

Some prefer restomods, other prefer restorations.

I had a very nice original car owned since 1972. It only made sense to go the full off-frame rotisserie restoration route. I have a friend with a very well done restomod 66 GTO that looks terrific.

I understand that if you have a car that needs a lot of work, restomod makes sense. If you don't have the original drivetrain, it might make sense. Heck, if you just have a different idea of how a GTO looks, then a restomod is for you.

I admire the craftsmanship, but I don't really care for the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts