Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( The GTOs in Atlanta are disappearing. I still have a month or two before I can purchase and both of my closest dealers are empty after having sat on cars for months. I hope I am not out of the club.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Doodad said:
:( The GTOs in Atlanta are disappearing. I still have a month or two before I can purchase and both of my closest dealers are empty after having sat on cars for months. I hope I am not out of the club.
If you indend on buying one... Put a deposit on one!!! You should be able to put a refundable deposit on one.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Doodad said:
Had not thought about that. Unfortunately, I can't rely on a definite date. (Waiting on a land sale to go through).

Gotcha...... IF you are buying one but just don't know when, talk to the dealer, and put a refundable deposit on one. See what their policy on delivery is. They should work with you on it. You don't want to miss out on one if you have a particular package in mind.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Doodad,

I haven't been by a dealer in Atlanta for a few months, however, last time I was over to Heard in Kennesaw they told me they are shifting the cars around to different dealers...both colors and number available in order to make things look fresh. That could be what is going on. Through the GM website, you can configure your car and get a list of where they are available in the area.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey bro...
Let the dealer do the work and search for you. That's the only way I found my car. I asked my dealer to find me a Blue/blue m6 with 18's. There were none in Michigan. The closest one was in Ohio. The dealers traded cars, put mine on the flatbed, and towed it to my dealer in southeast Michigan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is a company that plans to turn out 1000 "Revenge" GTOs by the end of next year- check the "GTO In the News" posts. I wonder if they are buying out unsold stock? Its hard for me to believe that they placed an order with GM for $30 million worth of cars and I understand that the production line is already shut down... or maybe GM is in on the deal in order to keep the GTO in the news until the new model is ready?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Doodad said:
Had not thought about that. Unfortunately, I can't rely on a definite date. (Waiting on a land sale to go through).
I was waiting for my house to sell in FLA. I went and bought the GTO anyway. You can put off payments for 45 days through GMAC if you get them to give you the loan,,that is what I did,, it was 55 days until I made my first payment,,and it was for the total cost of the car :cool

Sewell Ponitac in Dallas near Love field (DAL) has a few on the lot,,I just flew back from there....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a very distinct fear of used GTOs, Camaros etc. The only used performance cars I would consider have a considerable price tag too. A vette driver is not the same person as a Camaro driver esp when he knows he is losing his car. Burnout anyone?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm just glad I got mine, best thing I ever did when buying a new car...:cool

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought my new GTO from Northland Pontiac in Rockford, MI...I got the last GTO they were to get, and they only had it 2 days when I bought it (it still had all the plastic all over it). It was a very easy and pleasurable experience...they went above and beyond what was necessary when I discovered my clearcoat issues.

Plenty of new GTO's still in this area...the 6-speed, 18" combo is getting scarce, but there's still out there if you just look around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.