Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha guys. Here's a good example of why you never throw anything away. It can always b used for something. Girlfriend wanted a wine rack and I had too much stuff taking up room in my garage. So took apart the 326 brought it to the machine shop had it boiled and cleaned then brought it home painted it and through it up on a table and wala. She gets a wine rack and I get an engine in my kitchen.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice.
But for future reference, it's Viola.
It's French.
Ummm, for YOUR future reference dude, it's spelled voila'. A viola would be a stringed instrument a little smaller than a violin. :rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Love the wine rack Bobby and I applaud the efforts of all mankind to get women to allow us to decorate any area not called a garage. :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Since we're going there, actually, it's spelled voilà with an a-grave instead of a regular a. An a-grave is the a with the accent mark which is used in several languages; in this case, French. A viola is actually larger and lower pitched than a violin.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
And to think we simply educated people about cars.:bannana:

That little mark above the "a" is called "accent-grave" to be technical.
If it slanted the other directions, it is called "accent-aigu."

The grave accent was first used in the polytonic orthography of Ancient Greek to mark a lower pitch than the high pitch of the acute accent.

French uses the accent on three letters (a, e, and u), but only with e does it serve to indicate a pronunciation change. The grave accent on the letters a and u has no effect on pronunciation and only serves to distinguish homonyms that are otherwise spelled the same. In French, the acute is used only on é. It is known as accent aigu and the accent marks do not imply stress on the vowel in French.

Voilà is sometimes used in English, and for this reason it's often written voila . This is acceptable in English, which tends to lose accents on words borrowed from other languages, but it's not acceptable in French.

wah-LA was perfectly acceptable back in the (Roman Empire) day. V's always pronounced as W. Vini, vidi, vici...

"Vwala" is an Anglicized spelling of voilà.

WALLA is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word for the French word Voila......and then you simply tighten the rocker arm nut down and your done.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ha guys. Here's a good example of why you never throw anything away. It can always b used for something. Girlfriend wanted a wine rack and I had too much stuff taking up room in my garage. So took apart the 326 brought it to the machine shop had it boiled and cleaned then brought it home painted it and through it up on a table and wala. She gets a wine rack and I get an engine in my kitchen.
I see whites in there. You should be running coolant through the block...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
WALLA is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word for the French word Voila......and then you simply tighten the rocker arm nut down and your done.:thumbsup:
Not to be confused with Walla Walla which is in Washington......

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The idea could have been hers but the execution was his.......

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
What ever gets me to put kool pontiac stuff around my house. Hehe
Always wanted a tri-power lamp. Mount a small lamp on each carb with the center one slightly higher. Use the tri-power air cleaners, but shape a lamp shade cover to replace the elements.

Now you connect a switch on the center carb that you click on by snapping your carb open, then the 2 outside lights snap on once you go past the point of the center one coming on -just like really opening up the outboard carbs.

Then you push back on the outboard carb/switch to shut off all three.

This would be perfect for the bedroom because every time "she" clicked those carbs on.........you'd get a woody -at least I would anyway.:smilielol5:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts