Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Guys, Why is this.....
Every time I drive my 64 goat, some jerk asks me if its my dad's or my "boyfriends" or if I even know what the thing under the hood is called when in actuality I could likely rebuild any part of that car faster and better than any of them could.... WTF? any one know why girls arent aloud to be car savvy, or in my case car obsessed?
Thanks!
-Lucky Luci:shutme

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Hey Luci.......

My wife LOVES GTOs. She hammers the '70 when driving it, shes got the need for speed. Guys do a double take especially when she roars past them.

ENJOY the '64 and SMILE WIDE. Their envy is your pleasure.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Many years ago, a friend of mine had a 4 speed '70 GTO. She got the same type of crap. This was 1981 or so. An ex-girl friend of mine used to LOVE banging gears in my '65 and '66 GTO's. She could work on them, too. She also was the brunt of many taunts. Another woman who used to post on this forum (Linda) completed a very extensive rebuild on a '67 GTO hardtop. Throughout her endeavor, she was really given a hard time by shop owners, mechanics, etc. I'm proud to say she was (and is) respected, at least here on this forum. With ignorant, obnoxious people, it's acknowledging them that validates them....Just ignore them, they really DON'T MATTER. Enjoy your GTO!!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Welcome to the forum Luci, I am sure they always get a nice look at your taillights as you leave them at the light. :agree with Eric, lotta macho jerks out there. My 18 year old daughter has been helping with the 66' Tempest and has already laid claim to it as "hers". Smile like you have a secret and show the idiots what Pontiac power is all about. :cheers

1966 Tempest pictures by instg8ter - Photobucket

Brian and Meghann

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys rock! finally people who understand! yay! I will get some pic's up soon so y'all can enjoy the goat wiht me
-Luci

·
Registered
659 Posts
Because GTO's are too manly for a mere girl, just kidding. In all seriousness, that's why GOD gave you a middle finger, for jerk encounters.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
please post some pics, love to see that goat. Meg say's "hey girlfriend"...LOL, she's helping me block sand before she heads back to college.

Brian and Meghann

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Luci and welcome!!!! Pay no attention to the jerks of the world they are everywhere unfortunately. The truth is they are envious. So how did you get tuned up for a 64?? In my high school shop class we had one girl and we treated her like a Queen!!!!!!! Wonder what she is driving now? Enjoy and yes a few pics would be great!! Les

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Luci..........:seeya
My wife has a 67 GTO
She just flips them off and leaves them choking on tire smoke.
:party::party::party:

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Back when I was in High School, my wife, (one of our crowd at the time) used to help me work on my 66 vert. Hand me tools, make parts runs, etc.....we still tell stories, and have laughs, about "remember the time.....":cheers

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
you guys rock! finally people who understand! yay! I will get some pic's up soon so y'all can enjoy the goat wiht me
-Luci
The jerks giving you a hard time are probably "male 12-year-olds with jobs." Same as guys of questionable masculinity who drive Prius's. In a parking lot recently, a Prius owner made a big deal of telling his 12-year-old son what a rotten citizen I was for driving my 1967 GTO "gas guzzler." I pointed out to the a-hole that it probably takes at least 100 years for discarded Prius batteries to decompose in landfills and that my 43-year-old classic has been spared from the landfill. He didn't have an answer for that so that put a BIG smile on my face. Treat these guys like ricers -- if you don't like what they're saying, just rev that good old Pontiac powerplant and drown 'em out.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
The jerks giving you a hard time are probably "male 12-year-olds with jobs." Same as guys of questionable masculinity who drive Prius's. In a parking lot recently, a Prius owner made a big deal of telling his 12-year-old son what a rotten citizen I was for driving my 1967 GTO "gas guzzler." I pointed out to the a-hole that it probably takes at least 100 years for discarded Prius batteries to decompose in landfills and that my 43-year-old classic has been spared from the landfill. He didn't have an answer for that so that put a BIG smile on my face. Treat these guys like ricers -- if you don't like what they're saying, just rev that good old Pontiac powerplant and drown 'em out.
My buddy drives a Prius AND a '68 GTO. What category would that fall under??????

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
If you saw Ppurfield in person, you would probably just say "Nice car!"....he's about 6'8"...a gentle giant though.:lol::cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I try to cut him some slack since he has to drive 100 miles round trip to work everyday. I still have to rib him every now and then......
These people that bought into this I am helping save the world by buying these things show how gullible they can be. Most who rave about these things really think they are helping ween the USA off of oil, I hear them talk and just shake my head. It's amazing how easily they are duped. Many have no idea what they are in for at 100K miles with maintenance, the money they save on gas goes into maintenance. I don't fault people for being energy conscience and buying a car like this, it's the con job they allow themselves to be swayed into kinda like way this county changed due to a con job.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts