Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Furyan said:
Does anyone know if there is a specific percentage discount that applies to this? Is the GM Employee Discount a standard % discount? Thanks for your thoughts.
Hey Vin,

GMS is not a percentage-based discount off the sticker or invoice. It is a set price for the particular vehicle. The higher the artificial pricing the better the discount. Trucks and SUV's have good GMS pricing.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal about how some dealers in certain markets were cutting prices even further than the GME discounts. Chicago and Miami were a couple of markets listed. Mostly SUVs because they're not selling and have huge margins.

If you're going to buy, wait until near the end of this month and shop at dealers owned by AutoNation, Sonic or UnitedAuto. They're publicly traded -- and have to keep their sales numbers up to end their quarter right.

If you can't pull the trigger now -- sit tight until the end of the December. GM and the dealer groups always want to close out their fiscal years on an up note -- which is how I wound up with an '04 for $25,999 plus a 0% note for 3 years with pretty much zero haggling. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
If you can't pull the trigger now -- sit tight until the end of the December. GM and the dealer groups always want to close out their fiscal years on an up note -- which is how I wound up with an '04 for $25,999 plus a 0% note for 3 years with pretty much zero haggling. Good luck.

Does the Fiscal year not end on Sep 31 for private companies? :confused

·
Registered
188 Posts
dtor said:
To clarify, I was referring to it not being run by the government. The government's fiscal year ends Sept. 31, and I was under the impression many corporations' fiscal year ended at this time also.
GM's fiscal year is the same as the calendar year. However, that's not the case with some other publically held companies....e.g., P & G's fiscal year ends June 30.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
dtor said:
To clarify, I was referring to it not being run by the government. The government's fiscal year ends Sept. 31, and I was under the impression many corporations' fiscal year ended at this time also.
Mean Goat's right. A company's fiscal year can end at the end of any month, but something like 80% end with December -- the calendar year.

GM is a calendar year close. AutoNation (AN) December close. Sonic Automotive (SAH) December close. United Auto (UAG) December close.

Some private dealerships and smaller publicly traded groups may close on a different month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.