Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my GTO around the 1st of November. When I was negotiating price the sales man and the sales manager at the dealership told me that I would also get a $500 gas card with my purchase. I took the car in for for an oil change in December and asked the manager of the dealership about my gas card. He told me that it would come in the mail direct from GM. He also told me that GM was way behind on this program. I took my Tahoe in for an oil change this last Tuesday and decided to ask again. This time the manager called GM, on the speaker phone, and asked about my gas card. The lady with GM told him that they didn't show me on the list to receive one. She told us that one reason could be that my car didn't qualify. The manager asked if the GTO qualified and the lady told us that no Pontiacs were on the list. The manager apologized and told me that he was having problems getting GM to issue his customers the cards and told me that all he could offer me was a few Exxon / Mobile cards worth $100. Have any of you run into this problem. I know some of you work for dealerships, could you offer any advise. I was just going to take the $100 but after thinking about it, that's bull s**t that I was promised $500 and know I getting cheated out of $400. Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
78 Posts
im having a similair type of problem, i bought the 995$ extra option chrom wheels for the 05 goat..and they told me theyd take them from me next week and give me a credit line at tag motorsports for 995$(my dealership works with them) but so far they keep tellin me the managers r tied up and that they WILL CALL ME. im waitin till friday and then well c... :) but about the gas thing, if they told you when u bought the car theyd do it, then i think that gm better damn well do it lol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
jortegasr said:
I bought my GTO around the 1st of November. When I was negotiating price the sales man and the sales manager at the dealership told me that I would also get a $500 gas card with my purchase. I took the car in for for an oil change in December and asked the manager of the dealership about my gas card. He told me that it would come in the mail direct from GM. He also told me that GM was way behind on this program. I took my Tahoe in for an oil change this last Tuesday and decided to ask again. This time the manager called GM, on the speaker phone, and asked about my gas card. The lady with GM told him that they didn't show me on the list to receive one. She told us that one reason could be that my car didn't qualify. The manager asked if the GTO qualified and the lady told us that no Pontiacs were on the list. The manager apologized and told me that he was having problems getting GM to issue his customers the cards and told me that all he could offer me was a few Exxon / Mobile cards worth $100. Have any of you run into this problem. I know some of you work for dealerships, could you offer any advise. I was just going to take the $100 but after thinking about it, that's bull s**t that I was promised $500 and know I getting cheated out of $400. Thanks for any advise.

Well GM was right. Yukons/Tahoes and Sierras/Silverados were the only ones to qualify for the gas card program.

They are right though. The cards are WAY behind schedule.

Was it in writing that they were giving you $500 in gas? If so then sock it to them.

Personally I would fight/kick/bleed/ and cry for all $500. But I am my own worst nightmare for a customer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
sorry i should have worded it better, i agree with the dealership not gm thing.
so in that case...if the dealership said theyd do it when you purchased the car, they should damn well do it then...haha

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yea, that's total BS.........if you were promised this then demand it from the dealership. They screwed up, not you. Tell 'em to write you a check........while you wait there.

JET

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was in writing, but I never got a copy of that. My mistake. It was written on the dealers sheet where they put what the seeling price is and what they estimate where they can get your payments. The nevergave me a copy of it but everytime they worked up some new number they had me sign it saying that if they got me there that I would buy the car right then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dealernut said:
Well GM was right. Yukons/Tahoes and Sierras/Silverados were the only ones to qualify for the gas card program.

They are right though. The cards are WAY behind schedule.

Was it in writing that they were giving you $500 in gas? If so then sock it to them.

Personally I would fight/kick/bleed/ and cry for all $500. But I am my own worst nightmare for a customer.

Have you ever sold yourself a car? If so did you enjoy the sale and the purchase? How did you rate yourself on the CSI survey? :lol:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
VQ35DE said:
Have you ever sold yourself a car? If so did you enjoy the sale and the purchase? How did you rate yourself on the CSI survey? :lol:
My salesman was an a$$hole. Thought he knew it all and kept making suggestive looks at my wife. :rofl: :lol: :willy: :rofl: :eek:

I do get the CSI sheets though. I light myself up on the comments. Actually the worst CSI I have ever gotten was from an employee in our service department. He does not like me becasue I am always fighting him about my previous customers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to try talking the manager again. If that doesn't work than I am going to take my dads advise and contact the consumer investigators a the local news stations. Maybe if I can create enough negative publicity they will pay me to shut up.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
jortegasr said:
I am going to try talking the manager again. If that doesn't work than I am going to take my dads advise and contact the consumer investigators a the local news stations. Maybe if I can create enough negative publicity they will pay me to shut up.
talk to the general manager. The guy that made the mistake, manager, will try to avoid the problem.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dealernut said:
talk to the general manager. The guy that made the mistake, manager, will try to avoid the problem.
The problem I have is that the two people that I made the deal with no longer work there. I guess that I am just bad luck cause The guy that sold me my Tahoe, 2 months before I bought the GTO, no longer works for that dealership either.:confused :seeya:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you sign a clear "we owe?"

Meaning did you sign a picie of paper with big red WE OWE on it, that stated that the dealer owed you nothing after yo left, like floor mats, accessories, gas cards...

If so than youre pretty much screwed.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I never received my "free tank of gas" from when I bought the car. There was a sign hanging from the rear view mirror after they prepped the car for my pickup. I could care less about a tank full, they would probably run me down to a crappy gas station in which they have an account with so why bother. I'm very particular on what brand(s) I use. However, if it was a $500 gas card that I never received, I'd be on there arse about it til I got it. I did manage to get around 4 free oil changes hehe mainly from delays or miscommunications on their part, none of which really affected me, but hey, I'll take it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
GTOJon said:
I never received my "free tank of gas" from when I bought the car. There was a sign hanging from the rear view mirror after they prepped the car for my pickup. I could care less about a tank full, they would probably run me down to a crappy gas station in which they have an account with so why bother. I'm very particular on what brand(s) I use. However, if it was a $500 gas card that I never received, I'd be on there arse about it til I got it. I did manage to get around 4 free oil changes hehe mainly from delays or miscommunications on their part, none of which really affected me, but hey, I'll take it.

they would put 87 in the car. So DO not let them fill it up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Borsig said:
Did you sign a clear "we owe?"

Meaning did you sign a picie of paper with big red WE OWE on it, that stated that the dealer owed you nothing after yo left, like floor mats, accessories, gas cards...

If so than youre pretty much screwed.
I don't remember signing anything like that. I am going to write a letter to the general manager and send it certified. Then if I can't get anything done I will contact the consumer investigators at the 4 local news stations. Maybe if I can create enough negative publicity they will give me the other $400.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.