Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am sure GM will extend the GM Employees discount till at least the end of the year.With GM laying 25,000 people off there should be many deals.I would think we can get the GTO with the GM employees discount and also a $1000 or more Rebate and maybe also a lower interest rates in aug or sept.....GM is hurting and there are going to be many deals in the next few months..Johnny :eek:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I think it will be years before GM isn't hurting, not months. That said there will continue to be some models that they do not need to discount. When they discount everything like this they hurt themselves. Think of all the people that were paying at or near sticker for some Caddy's and Corvettes. Now those buyers just took a shot in their resale. That leaves a bad taste. I paid about 800-1000 more than GMS and I'm not happy. There were some people here in central Florida that paid 3000 over sticker when the 05's came out. They just blew 6k for nothing.

·
Registered
937 Posts
fergyflyer said:
I think it will be years before GM isn't hurting, not months. That said there will continue to be some models that they do not need to discount. When they discount everything like this they hurt themselves. Think of all the people that were paying at or near sticker for some Caddy's and Corvettes. Now those buyers just took a shot in their resale. That leaves a bad taste. I paid about 800-1000 more than GMS and I'm not happy. There were some people here in central Florida that paid 3000 over sticker when the 05's came out. They just blew 6k for nothing.
Dude, well said. I know that end of March I paid at least a couple thousand more than you can get now and I had GMS then! But with GMS they wouldnt even talk incentives with you, now its GMS + Incentives + the kitchen sink. Good for them, bad for me! Anyone know if GM is offering a "Low Price Guarantee"?? :lol:

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aug and sept will be lots of great sales going on at GM....They are nut jobs showing all the people that they are laying off and you know you will be able to walk into any dealership and get a great deal comes around Sept.Johnny

·
Registered
252 Posts
As much as I like the GTO, I dislike GM..... When I bought ours, we paid sticker and they wouldn't budge. 2-3 weeks later they decided to give rebates and incentives for the GTO. I went back to ask about it and they said they couldn't (wouldn't) do anything for me.

All these lay offs are bull.... They should "lay off" some of the corporate executives making millions plus getting paid off of the stock that the company gives them...... It's another K-Mart story, Close stores and fire people them turn around and give the execs a raise from all the money they took from the mouths of all those families.

Sorry, I got on a rampage there. I do like the old GM stuff BTW. With a Vette and a 442 in the stables but they just don't work with the customer. Maybe it was just the dealer I went to, but that's the way I feel......

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think most Salespeople that sell cars are Sc*mB*gs.They are uneducated and can't get a job in the real world.I am sure when you are going to school you don't say you want to be a car salesman when you grow up lol.....Johnny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not funny.

johnnytuinal said:
I think most Salespeople that sell cars are Sc*mB*gs.They are uneducated and can't get a job in the real world.I am sure when you are going to school you don't say you want to be a car salesman when you grow up lol.....Johnny

You sound very young. Perhaps when you grow up, you'll keep such harsh generalizations to yourself.

Consider this. Even an "uneducated" salesman can probably sense your disrespect from about 100 yards. Yet you expect him to act professionally, give you the keys for a test drive, and help you get a low price? Seems unlikely, doesn't it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I’m going to have to disagree with Johnny as well. Its not the sales staff that bug me, it the corporate bureaucracy that erks me…. The place I went to, Sun Pontiac, had a very friendly staff and they were very apologetic but said nothing could be done. Whatever….. Any way it’s the employees that actually do the work and their families that suffer. The execs stay in their offices and get fat…. Any way, as far a the sales staff if concerned, I can see how hard it would be to keep up with all the new stuff on the product they sell.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well both are you are right,I have bought many new cars in the past.Once a ford dealer wanted to see if i was a REAL buyer so he wanted to see my Credit Card,I knew he wanted to check my credit rating.I really did not want the car because of the price but they had a few salespeople working on me and the salesmanager too lol.I kept asking for my Credit card back at least 4 times, and the dealership was closed at that time.Salesman kept the card until i was really anoyed and the salesmanager told him to give it back too me.In my post before i didnot say ALL salespeople I think i said most lol.............Johnny

·
Registered
161 Posts
johnnytuinal said:
Only thing i am saying is that i am sure you will get a GTO in sept at Invoice and $1000 rebate,don't know about the interest rate.Johnny
Maybe so, maybe not...There are still areas that have yet to see an 05 GTO hit the dealership. My local dealer sold six 04's, including two to me, but he has yet to get an 05. There are still a lot of 05's out there, but they are starting to be moved aroud to different dealers. That same local dealer has 2 coming from out of state dealers next week. While there will again be end of the model year discounts, I don't think you will see the fire sale you had last year with the 04,s. The GM discount is great, but a lot of the rebates went down when the discount went into effect for everyone. Both of My GTO's were purchased without the employee discount, though I am elidgeable, because I had better deals without it. I paid just over 23k in December for my second goat. All that said I hope you get a great deal if you are holding out till the end of the model year.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
roadracer gota few greattttt deals yea babyyyy.Well i am waiting till aug or sept because I would think the rebates will get much better and i am sure they will still have the GM Employees Discount and maybe a lower interest rate too.Lets put it this way GM and FORD are losing lots of money and at some ford dealers they are giving you the X-Plan for their cars except for mustangs as of now.As i said before there are dealers near me that are not selling these cars and they are still on their lots.And i really maybe seen 3GTos in the last year on the street.GM will have the GM employees Discount for at least till the end of the year i would think.I am hoping to get the car at Invoice by sept and maybe a $1000-$2000 rebate and a lowers interest rate.Do you think i am dreaming of getting the GTO at that price? :party:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The problem with reading just the headlines, or listening to just the soundbites on the 6 o'clock news is that they can be misleading....
As a GM employee, I tend to read the whole article(yes it's true, some of us at Gm can read). What GM actually said was they were eliminating 25,000 jobs over the next three years , mostly through attrition !!!!
(that's a big word that means when people retire they won't be replaced)
and closing some redundant plants.(another big word that means they have too many plants that make the same thing).
But putting that in the headlines doesn't sell papers !!!
If you take a plant such as Flint Truck and Bus, where I work, fully 85% of the employee population will be eligable to retire within the next three years, does this mean that they'll all go ??? No it does not, as some of them started with GM right out of high school and having 30 years in at 49 yrs. old they are still 10 yrs. away from touching their 401k's, and and 16 yrs. from Soc. Sec. (if that's still around...Don't get me started.). Gm is contractually obligated to hire 1 employee for every 2 that retire...so do the math folks !!!
If you are counting on the gloom and doom headlines for better deals than you're getting, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Just thought I'd interject a little perspective...

·
Registered
74 Posts
It isn't the execs that are killing GM. It's the unions!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.