Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to make my first payment to GMAC for a SmartLease. My statement reads that the payment is due 6/30/05. I'm leaving for vacation and was wondering if GMAC gives a grace period for the payment due date. All of my other leases/loans offer a 10 or 15 day grace period before a late fee is tacked on and I see nothing in the fine print of either the lease agreement or the monthly statement I got. Wondering if GMAC offers a little flexibility on the payment or if it's like a credit card that issues a late fee if payment is made one day late. Would also be nice if they had online payments for crying out loud! This new payment will virtually be the only payment I need to write a check for each month :mad: and I'm not a fan of the auto deduct as I'm 100% commission and... well... just some months I need a little flexibility :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I think they have a grace period of like 7 days. But I have noticed that if my check date is 6/1 it is not applied til about a week later 6/8 in this case. I think their grace period is to make up for them being slow processing. You know what happens then you send the check hoping for them to be slow and get a bounced check or you send it late hoping for it to make it on time and get a late fee.
I always send with my first payment a double payment. Then count on that being in there and if I am ever in a situation I can skip a payment. Then the next chance I get I double up again. Cheap insurance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.