Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a stupid question, anyone have one of these installed?

I'm curious about how it shifts, during normal driving, i rarely use the 1-2-3-4-5-6 pattern, does the GMM or even the Harrop allow you shift from 1-3-5 or 1-2-4, or are you forced to use the 1-2-3 pattern

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any shifter on any manual will let you choose whatever gear you want, whenever you want. Remember, YOU control the shifter, the shifter does not control you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought i'd heard that it did the 2-3 shift with out having to worry about side to side placement. wasn't sure if that somehow effected the usage of the shifter.

.....I'm not sure if you will understand what i mean from that, cause i'm not sure i understand what i just said....hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob in CT said:
.....I'm not sure if you will understand what i mean from that, cause i'm not sure i understand what i just said....hehe
(quote) "Do you understand the words comming out of my mouth!.."...." man NOONE understands the words comming out yo mouth!! " (wise words from Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan).... :willy: :party:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, I knew that part, but you said ............... wait, were you saying a sequential does not have synchros or these cars dont have synchros?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quoting from the second post "any shifter on any manual" - I merely answered that wouldn't work on a "sequential" transmission. GTO manuals have synchros - but are not a sequential trans. Sequential trans do not have synchros.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh, my bad, sometimes I misread posts and get a different meaning than the one intended.

ummm....... yeah, I agree.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.