Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished (with two of my friends) installing the shifter. Man, what a difference. I freakin love it. I am not sure what everyone is talking about it being louder though. I installed the black dust cover and the sound boot back with no problems and no shifting issue. Sound wise I can barely tell the difference. and no rattle. Of cours my friends are perfectionists so they helped me to a terrific job. All I can say is if you have an M6 do yourself a favor and get the GMM. If you know someone close to you that has one, drive it once and you will get it. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!:party:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have you done the Royal Purple Syncromax swap? I'm waiting for my GMM shifter and did the fluid swap today. I cannot believe how much better the tranny shifts. It's like a different car. I'm actually thinking of not installing the GMM now. I don't think I need it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
k1200lt said:
Have you done the Royal Purple Syncromax swap? I'm waiting for my GMM shifter and did the fluid swap today. I cannot believe how much better the tranny shifts. It's like a different car. I'm actually thinking of not installing the GMM now. I don't think I need it.
Hey, on vacation next week and thinking about doing the fluid swap. Can someone tell me what's entailed and/or maybe give me a quick run-through of the process? Would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Haven't done the GMM yet but have done the Royal Purple. I had a lube place do it, only charged $10.00. What a bargain! when I get home I plan to get the shifter. Getting harder to get into R, plus mising 3rd every once in a while sucks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dragon 32 said:
Where can I get one ???? Hello, someone hook me up with a link where I can get the gmm ripshifter....
I noticed you dont have a response, so I thought I'd tell you to google it and see if you find a site.:cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
Groucho said:
JHP in Oz has less wait than Speed Inc.

Mine should be here within the next couple of days.
Groucho---where are you getting yours installed? Is there any reputable places here in town?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
rippinbyu said:
Groucho---where are you getting yours installed? Is there any reputable places here in town?
Cruzer's Rod & Custom on Rosedale did a fine / cheap job at reattaching my ****ing B&M when it liberated itself from the tranny housing.

When I get it replaced, however, I figure that I might as well replace the clutch as well...with the tranny dropped it would almost be a free install to have the GMM mounted at the same time!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Groucho said:
Cruzer's Rod & Custom on Rosedale did a fine / cheap job at reattaching my ****ing B&M when it liberated itself from the tranny housing.

When I get it replaced, however, I figure that I might as well replace the clutch as well...with the tranny dropped it would almost be a free install to have the GMM mounted at the same time!
Thanks man! I've seen that place. Will go there when i get mine.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I installed mine this weekend as well. HUGE freaking difference!! I love it.
Those of you thinking about doing this, you will not regret it!! It's not that hard either, I did mine by myself in about 3 hours without a lift.

BTW, I don't have any issues with noise or rattles either.
:cheers

·
Registered
456 Posts
RipShifter Link

w w w .jhp.com.au/monaro-gto/gto-short-shift.php

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ordered my GMM Ripshifter from Speed inc on Sunday...we'll see how long it takes to get here. $299 with free shipping...can't wait to install it...the anticipation is killing me :willy:

Should I do the Royal Purple swap when I'm installing it? How involved is the fluid swap?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts