Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I can't can't get much of an answer from the bonehead sales guy at JHP, I'm soliciting opinions on which version of the GMM Ripshifter to go with.

Firstly, what is the major difference between the two?

Secondly, Which one should I get? I've never been to the track although I plan on making at least two or three visits a year. As far as I'm concerned, my daily commute may as well be the track since I live in the land of ricers and have to put the occassional smack down and represent the goat owners out there.

I'm leaning to the race version but I am looking for someone who already has one to tell me how streetable it really is.

Help me out here guys :seeya:

·
Registered
65 Posts
You don't need to mess with removing the shift handel from the factory rod. That assembly just bolts on. Unless you have strong wrists, the street version keeps the height of the shifter hadel closer to stock. The Race version, albeit cheaper, puts the handel very low. It also removes leverage.
I have the street version, bitchen'!
BTW: The stock shifter was leaking. I thought it was the rear seal, but it was leaking on the shifter gasket. The GMM has a nice 'O'Ring counter sunk into the base that sealed it up, no more leak.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have the race version. Love it. Like cocking a bolt-action rifle. Short throws....more cabin noise, but I don't really care.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I figured based on the description that the race would be much lower than the street or stock.

4 BKT VET - Do you feel the shift difference was worth the 335 bucks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts