Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody in the STL/O'Fallon MO area had an install done at a shop on the GMM street for a 05 gto? i am going to purchase the shifter soon, and i would like to take it to a shop that has installed a few before.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
233 Posts
Choate. I have a buddy (non-GTO owner, but car enthusiast) in O'fallon. I'll ask him if he has any knowledge or recommendations regarding your question and post his reply here. However, any good mechanic that has done a few mods will be able to handle the task. In fact, I got crap on this forum for not doing the job myself, but stuff like that is not my cup of tea. There is a good photo instruction set posted here on the forum, or message me and I can email you the instructions. The hassle is getting to the boot bolt up under the transmission that must be removed. ALso, remind him to lock-tite the crap out of it so you don't have any leak issues. I had a local mechanic who loves to do mods put mine on back in the spring. I got charged for a hour of labor and he said he had a blast and asked when I'll be back for my next mod. GL, you will like the GMM, it makes a difference.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here is the feedback I got from my buddy.

Right off hway 70, on the north outer road is Bier Brothers. They do a ton of race stuff and drag cars. Also Pur Performance off hway 70 and Truman Blvd. Other than that, any competent repair shop should be able to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts