Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could buy a new GTO for either price would GM supplier discount be the better price?

If anyone knows, what does the GMS discount equate to in %? I am interested, if I can get the pricing right for me.

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
123 Posts
To be honest with you DO NOT BELIEVE the $29,something, invoice price you read.

I just bought my 2006 with 18 miles on the odo, for $28,888. That was with NO BSing with the salesman. I test drove and said, give my your bottom line and I am going to go shop it around. He gave me that price and said go ahead and try to beat it. He even gave it in writing.

I spent the next week driving to different dealerships and nobody would come under $31,000. After each attempt to get lower I would show them the written agreement. One even challenged it and said they won't sell you that car for that price. He said call us back when they won't and we will do a deal. That PISSED ME OFF, I said, I'll do you one better, you call me in a week and I'll prove to you that they did. Needless to say I bought the car I wanted from the first dealer I went to, with choice of color. All the others said they wouldn't give there car away.

Let's face it no dealer gives their cars away, they make money on every car that goes out their door or it wouldn't leave.

All of this said, although it may be hard to find a deal like I found they are out there. I often wonder if I should have waited. I know there will be dealerships stuck with overstock of GTOs because of all the hype about the new Camaro and Challenger. This will cause them to have to lose money when they can't get them sold.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To clarify...GMS is GM Employee Pricing. I think you are referring to GMID (GM in your Driveway) or GM Supplier (not GMS). All are not that great of a price on the GTO. You will get a better deal negotiating the price.

You can price out GMS (employee) and GM Supplier/GMID on this link.

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just came back in from GTO shopping, well and a little dinner afterwards with friends. Ok, the deal they offered me was, the GTO for $31,750. They would give me $18,000 for my 2003 Avalanche and I would owe them $12,220. I just told him we were too far away at this point and did not want to get rid of my truck that bad. My truck is paid for. I am not going to give him my Avalanche and drive home owing for his GTO.

I believe I can get more than that for my Avalanche and I beleive they can come off the GTO more than that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were way too far apart. I was thinking maybe if we could get about $7K-$8K I would be in a GTO today. I knew going in that was wishful thinking. But I was really shocked when it $12K+ difference. I knew there was no point in arguing this one so I just told him we were too far apart. Then he started telling me how he would really like to have my truck.

·
Registered
273 Posts
[U said:
would really like to have my truck[/u].
I'm shore, they will make more on the truck then if they sold 3 gtos. at the price they wher going to take it for. I watched the dealer make 8000. off a van my brother traded in for 12000. and when they gave him the 12000. that was what the resale value was. they just wanted to sell a yukon. you should have no problem finding a gto for 32000. out the door. I paid 32200. 06 m6 17 and the rebate is 500. more now and if you have a non gm car there is a 1000. more. and so on so if all is usable more like 30000. out the door witch is about 28000 before tax,lic,doc, good luck and beat e'm up they wont just lay down for you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
PC4STOP said:
To be honest with you DO NOT BELIEVE the $29,something, invoice price you read.

I just bought my 2006 with 18 miles on the odo, for $28,888. That was with NO BSing with the salesman. I test drove and said, give my your bottom line and I am going to go shop it around. He gave me that price and said go ahead and try to beat it. He even gave it in writing.

I spent the next week driving to different dealerships and nobody would come under $31,000. After each attempt to get lower I would show them the written agreement. One even challenged it and said they won't sell you that car for that price. He said call us back when they won't and we will do a deal. That PISSED ME OFF, I said, I'll do you one better, you call me in a week and I'll prove to you that they did. Needless to say I bought the car I wanted from the first dealer I went to, with choice of color. All the others said they wouldn't give there car away.

Let's face it no dealer gives their cars away, they make money on every car that goes out their door or it wouldn't leave.

All of this said, although it may be hard to find a deal like I found they are out there. I often wonder if I should have waited. I know there will be dealerships stuck with overstock of GTOs because of all the hype about the new Camaro and Challenger. This will cause them to have to lose money when they can't get them sold.

If you can get them lower jump on it but here is what I did

I purchased mine on a GMS discount, about the same as the supplier disc. Mine cost me about 26 that was gms and 1000 rebate. about 5K off for the GMS. I then turned around and got 4K for my GTP and walked out of there with a finance of 24K(stickered at $33,650). My understanding is GM will not lower sticker price and then give you GMS it is one or the other. However they will give you GMS and any rebates, including the 0% finance for 60mo. I added the extended warranty or I would have only financed 22K.

If you can get GMS, then take what I got and add your additional 14,000 for your car and you should have a finance of about 8K. that is whatt I would shoot for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.