Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yep, but when GM has its best month in 19 years -- and increase market share to over 30% -- kind of makes you rethink your strategy.

I like tracking the incentives -- and don't mind the process of buying a car. In fact, I just issue a Request For Proposal and let several dealers bid. Simple as that.

But many folks, and rightly so, HATE the process of buying a car because everything's so confusing. The sticker price, the invoice price, the rebates, the financing -- plus the lying skunks that are always looking to take advantage of someone. This promotion cut through all that baloney -- and helped GM move an awful lot of metal.

·
Registered
558 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
This promotion cut through all that baloney -- and helped GM move an awful lot of metal.
This is what I've always loved about being the son of a GM engineer (now retired): You just go to the dealership, talk to the person who does GMS deals (usually someone you've gotten to know pretty well over the years), and you're done. It's absolutely the most trouble-free car-buying experience I can imagine, since there's no dickering about ANYTHING.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i like that it took the wind out of the sails of a saleswoman at a dealership that told me she wanted $500 more than the dealer we got the GTO from because had the color my wife wanted.

actually she had my wife's second choice. the dealer we bought the gto from has her first choice. sucka!!!

she can keep her rendezvous and her 90 minute drive to do the deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.