Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car’s original color is April Gold. It is now white (that way when I bought it). Will be repainting it so do I go back original or something more modern?
The car is a numbers matching survivor driver. A good driver but not a show car.
looking for a consensus.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
It is your car, paint it anyway you want. I think that body style does better with a light to medium shade to show off the lines better. Dark colors don't do it justice as some of the finer details in the body lines get lost.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 67 was originally burgundy, But I wanted a cleaner brighter color. I went with a slightly off white color. It was also correct drivetrain. So if your gonna keep it, do what you like.
I really like the wheels, Do they make any like yours but with the black center? What size and brand? The car has a great stance. What was the color of the trim. I'm trying to find what color code was the trim to match the parchment or what the factory used.
Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
I really like the wheels, Do they make any like yours but with the black center? What size and brand? The car has a great stance. What was the color of the trim. I'm trying to find what color code was the trim to match the parchment or what the factory used.
Thanks
Yes the do. They are us mags ( rambler ) MY paint is wimbledon white w/ a mild gold pearl. They are 8" all the way around with 255/40/17 rear 225/40/17 front.
US_Mag_Rambler_Black-500.png

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Numbers matching survivor=paint it the original color. Not really a show car+it's been painted once(at least)=paint it whatever color you like.
Gold...ughh, not MY favorite :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Agre with the gang paint it so you will enjoy it...and a light color RMTZ67 has an awesome look...those pearl whites are real nice

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Another vote for paint it your way. Mine was re-done in Flambeau Burgudy (which I love) but previous owner said it had been previously repainted in "gray poupon mustard" color. We agreed they made the correct choice. No sense having a color where people walk up to the car and ask for a hotdog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts