Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i backed up and hit a tree. it was dark and did not c it. not a lot of damage but it bent my tip in and upward. btw iam getting the magnaflow its in the mail. stress markes on the bumper no chips no paint damage. gray gto facia is scraped. Guess that will bring down my selling price of the stock set up :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don't feel bad, i went from a Chevy Tahoe, with mirrors big enough to watch a movie on to my GTO and it's small, sporty mirrors, and within the first week i backed into a mailbox and put a small scratch on my rear bumper. Glad to see that I am not the only one.:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
StangStalker said:
Don't feel bad, i went from a Chevy Tahoe, with mirrors big enough to watch a movie on to my GTO and it's small, sporty mirrors, and within the first week i backed into a mailbox and put a small scratch on my rear bumper. Glad to see that I am not the only one.:D
You should try backing up in a Crossfire. Like looking through a sub portal, with a mirror.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Boat trailer. It was parked behind me in the parking lot and you CANNOT see something that low. Hitch punched a hole in my rear bumper. I wept.

And on that note - NEVER GO TO CARSMETICS EVEN FOR SIMPLE PAINT AND RE-INSTALL!!!!! I had to have the job re-done TWICE and they were real a-holes about the whole process. Wouldn't even discount the work considering they promise a one-day return and it took over a week.

Oh yeah, and here's what your rear quarter panel will look like from a tree if you do a sink-or-swim on Friday night and drive home. Dealsership fixed this one for sure.

·
Registered
498 Posts
StangStalker said:
:agree I have a 'hoe as a daily driver and totally agree that the Goat's mirrors are tiny! I'm 6'2" and the visibility is kinda limited out of the goat. The spoiler doesn't help either! Guess my tint plans won't help either!

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pennsylvania Goat said:
:agree I have a 'hoe as a daily driver and totally agree that the Goat's mirrors are tiny! I'm 6'2" and the visibility is kinda limited out of the goat. The spoiler doesn't help either! Guess my tint plans won't help either!
maybe if i did not have tint (35%) i would have seen that tree:willy: its just a car:cool

·
Registered
16 Posts
Remove the spoiler for better visibility. I personally did not believe a spoiler less GTO would look all that great based on the pictures I have seen, but as soon as I saw it in a parking lot from the back, there was no going back. My brother stated that it looks like a big Ferrari from the back. Drive around for 1 week without the spoiler and then decide on whether or not to put it back on or fill the holes. One plus side if you decide to fill the holes is that you may be able to have the body shop fix some of the scratches on the bumper at the same time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had my goat for 2 mo. and my GF let the garage door down on the rear bumper,gouged the hell out of it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
how much is the sap back bumper? may be its a great time to up grade. what u guyz/galz think:cheers
I was thinking about goin that route, but I am doing my exhaust in the spring so if someone wants to say something about it, i will bet them I can make it dissapear in front of their eyes........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
i backed up and hit a tree. it was dark and did not c it. not a lot of damage but it bent my tip in and upward. btw iam getting the magnaflow its in the mail. stress markes on the bumper no chips no paint damage. gray gto facia is scraped. Guess that will bring down my selling price of the stock set up :lol:
You and Stang Talker got it all wrong. This car is made to go forward!!!!!!! Not backwards!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

yeah the rear visibility is not that great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.