Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my GTO to a local dealer sponsored car show last night. Everything from modded neons (barf) to sweeeeeeeeeeeet muscle cars (camaros, chevelles, etc) were there.

I couldnt believe the amount of questions I got. The always had at least one person gawking during the night. There just arent alot of GTOs in my area, so it raised tons of interest.

Anyone else hit up a show?

(Best part of the night was leaving about 4lbs of Bridgestone Potenza behind as I left!)

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I drove mine to a Car show a few months ago, parked it about 100 feet away from all of the classics. A guy in the local GTO club asked me to park in the show with the GTO's. Next thing I knew the trunk, doors and hood were open and there was a crowd around mine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I took mine to a local "Cruise Night" where the Local Street Rodders meet... As soon as I got out of the car a guy asked me to park it and open the hood for show.... so I did. The car was a hit all kinds of questions were asked, and everyone seemed to like it.... even the 2 Ford guys.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's not a real Goat...

Took my Goat to a cruise (show) last October and parked next to some daily drivers and all She got was a couple of short stares and the "Real" Goat guys just snubbed it (So did the 2 guys with the late model Camaro SS's.)
On a brighter note, I dropped a few coats of wax on Her (the Goat, not my wife) sunday, took a 20 minute cruise, and I saw no less less than 3 other goats.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had put mine in a show, about six weeks ago. I took home a top twenty trophy. This was in a class with about eighty other cars. Mine was the only GTO there. Like you I had many people ask me questions about the goat. Quite a few people wanted me to start it up, when I did just about the whole show would be looking my way. There is nothing like a high pow V8 to draw attention.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
On my way to Pittsburgh last weekend, I stopped in Buckhannon, WV. to get a bite to eat. They had a real nice car show going on. Met a guy with a Torrid Red 04 that was in the show. He had a cold air intake and had done an exhaust. Looked great. Showed him mine real quick, but I was embarased due to the car being dirty from the 800 miles I had driven. Couple other people were checking the car out also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool Car!

I haven't been to a car show in over a year, and man am I due. We have the world largest free open air car show in the world, and I haven't been there in a few years.

Anyway, I have had my goat for only a week and a half, and I was filling it up and this 15ish year old kid gives me the "nice car". I was grinning ear to ear the whole way home. It reminded me of when I was that age and far more car savvy than most kids my age.

·
Registered
188 Posts
appletonrc said:
I haven't been to a car show in over a year, and man am I due. We have the world largest free open air car show in the world, and I haven't been there in a few years.

Anyway, I have had my goat for only a week and a half, and I was filling it up and this 15ish year old kid gives me the "nice car". I was grinning ear to ear the whole way home. It reminded me of when I was that age and far more car savvy than most kids my age.
You must be talking about the Iola Car Show....a great show/swapmeet, indeed! Used to make it every July when I lived in that area of the country.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.