Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading back from my Iowa/Illinois/Indiana trip with my stepdaughter and her friend. I cross the Tennessee/Alabama line and not more then 20 miles into 'Bama the goat goes one on one with a big burly nasty armadillo. It is about 10 at night and I got the cruise set at 80. I didn't see him until it was too late. POW! Dead center of the car. I feared the worst for the SAP front fascia extension. The impact felt like plowing over a tree stump. We stopped just south of Montgomery to gas up. I didn't want to walk around to the front of the car... When I finally did, all I found was a scuff on the paint on the bottom of the fascia, and some hair. RIP my little armored friend.

·
Registered
257 Posts
RIP my little armored friend.
yes may he RIP heh.

at first i thought you were talking about a race between you and the FORD F250 or 350 armadillo edition trucks. the yellow ones! haha

·
Registered
336 Posts
wow you got lucky i wonder if the sap strengthened the bumper because i took out a cat at about sixty and it broke my black lower grille and put small spider cracks on the corners of the bumper

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Make the comp claim and then give me your trashed bumper ?!!? :)

*EDIT* I'm stupid, I didn't see that it didn't crack or anything crazy, shoudl be reparable.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a light scuff. I'm not even worried if it doesn't buff out. It's so low to the ground you really don't even see it unless you know what to look for. Now when you get underneath my car to do oil changes on the other hand.....my god, it looks like somebody took a belt sander to the underside of the fascia from the steep driveways and speed bumps over the past 4 years of daily driving. Wow, doesn't seem like I've had her for that long.....the old goat.... lol.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Just a light scuff. I'm not even worried if it doesn't buff out. It's so low to the ground you really don't even see it unless you know what to look for. Now when you get underneath my car to do oil changes on the other hand.....my god, it looks like somebody took a belt sander to the underside of the fascia from the steep driveways and speed bumps over the past 4 years of daily driving. Wow, doesn't seem like I've had her for that long.....the old goat.... lol.
You can't say that for another 40 years. :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that really puts it in perspective with the ORIGINAL goats... Wonder how many of ours will survive to see that age? Mine already has 64,000 miles on it.....sniff, sniff....:( But if I keep adding crap to it, then parts of it will be young forever right?...:rolleyes: So that being said, she's only got 7,000 miles on the new heads, cam, and intake manifold :D. Next up, stroker kit!!! (In my wildest and wetest dreams, can't dream big enough for a supercharger or stroked out 427 LS3). :willy:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Reminds me of when a ground hog hit me broadside on the driver side front fascia on my way to the GTOAA nats in New York a couple of years ago. I thought the sap extension was destroyed. I popped the bumper back into place and continued on my way. I later learned the flexing of the bumper caused the paint to splinter but was barely noticeable. I credited the clear bra for keeping everything tight. Whole front end had to be repainted and re clearbra'd cause of that varmint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts