Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To refresh everyone’s memories, refer to this thread for how this all started. http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?p=41234#post41234


About two months back I noticed my passenger side rear window molding wasn't seating right. I'd push it down, but it wouldn't go any further. Dealer claims it was bent, and they said have the body shop replace it since their glass guy must have bent it when they had to take the rear window out. Body shop replaces it. Unfortunately I noticed after they replaced the molding, the rear window defroster doesn't work. I honestly never tried it before the accident so I didn't know if it was a pre-existing condition or not. I hold off on doing anything, in case something else pops up, then I'll have them both (or more) done then.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I notice getting out of the car, something "pops". Loudly. The plastic trim molding is catching on the door and being pulled out. Since then I'm constantly pushing and slapping the trim piece back in. Also, a small noise that I can only describe as a metallic popping/grating noise, is starting to happen somewhere in the rear, and over on the passenger side as far as I can tell. As the weeks go on, it starts to get louder and louder. The noise only happens when I start moving from a stop, and as of today, in the lower gears when I push the clutch in to shift. As noted in my key battery thread, one of my remotes died (or so I thought). So I pilled up all these issues and went to the dealer to have these issues taken care of.

Apparently, the remote lost its code. They reprogrammed it, and it's working fine again. They're ordering me a new plastic trim panel piece, even though they don't have too. The rear window defroster won't be fixed by them under warranty, because they said the harness is hacked up from the body work. But the worst is yet to come. They checked the rear suspension and found nothing wrong. They did notice however the welds from the quarter panel replacement. They informed me that the welds are possibly breaking and the noise I hear is the body panels flexing. Then I noticed the next day that the window seal on the small window behind the door (Drivers side) is sticking out at the top. It's not flush against the body like the passenger side. Also where the seam line is for the two pieces of rubber to meet, they are actually trying to over lap like there is too much rubber in there. I also notice in the drivers side door jam, there two small dots of worn/rubbed paint near the latch. I look on the door at the same level and location and notice the trim snaps/screws have the heads worn.

All of a sudden these little things I'm seeing are all relating to the body of the car flexing. I'm supposed to take the car back to the body shop on Tuesday when all the higher up managers come back from vacations, etc...

I'm having the dreadful feeling that I'm going to get run-around after the next. God I don't feel well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Can't remember if you had insurance or not for the repair. I know State Farm usually prefers you use "their" approved body shop, but the do guarantee the work.

You can start with the body shop, but then (if insured) you need to get the adjuster back out to examine your car. You should also get that wire harness fixed/replaced as part of settlement as well.

Do not settle for mediocre work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, My insurance covered it (Allstate) and the shop is one of the Allstate's preffered shops. I've already pointed out the wiring problem to them as well. They are supposed to get the upper management people involved and i should be meeting with them next tuesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom said:
do a search here and on the other forums for clunk in the trunk. that may be the sound you are hearing
Thunk in the trunk is just that. A hard Thunk when you shift under hard acceleration. Plus, I've already had that tsb done before the accident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mumrah said:
Did you ever hear about what happened to the uninsured driver....restitution?
Last information on that, Allstate was going after the insurance company for the driver of the truck that struck me, because they feel he was 20% at fault for travelling beyond reasonable speeds in the center lane for a distance longer than that normally allowed. They were then persuing the no-insurance driver for the remaining 80%. If they get anything from the truck driver, I'll get 20% of my deductable, so I'll only get $100. I won't hold my breath to ever see anything from it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
Justice said:
Last information on that, Allstate was going after the insurance company for the driver of the truck that struck me, because they feel he was 20% at fault for travelling beyond reasonable speeds in the center lane for a distance longer than that normally allowed. They were then persuing the no-insurance driver for the remaining 80%. If they get anything from the truck driver, I'll get 20% of my deductable, so I'll only get $100. I won't hold my breath to ever see anything from it.
my x wife is an isurance agent, make sure you go to yours or the other insurance company (can't remember which) but for every accident, especially one that you are not at fault there is a depretiation value, and legally they are supposed to cut you a check for that value... whatever the car, year, condition ect....... but don't take no for an answer, you are entitled to that money......
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top