Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so here is the deal. Right now I own an 05 m6 GTO. I love it and have had a ton of fun with it. Now it is time to upgrade to an 06. So here is my quesiton. I am looking at getting the a4. I have bad knees from years and years of paintball and motorcross. So when I am driving the m6 in town, or in traffic my knees can start to hurt. I love my m6 though because of the occasional ricer, or mustang a$$ kicking it delivers. :cheers I wanted to know how the performance of the automatic is as compared to the manual. I know I will loose a tiny bit of performance, but I don't want to be driving a sluggish auto. So what are you thoughts on performance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
pbmaniac2000 said:
ok, so here is the deal. Right now I own an 05 m6 GTO. I love it and have had a ton of fun with it. Now it is time to upgrade to an 06. So here is my quesiton. I am looking at getting the a4. I have bad knees from years and years of paintball and motorcross. So when I am driving the m6 in town, or in traffic my knees can start to hurt. I love my m6 though because of the occasional ricer, or mustang a$$ kicking it delivers. :cheers I wanted to know how the performance of the automatic is as compared to the manual. I know I will loose a tiny bit of performance, but I don't want to be driving a sluggish auto. So what are you thoughts on performance.

I could be wrong but I've read that the Auto4 is faster in the 1/4 mile by 1-2 10th's (Don't quote me on that)

·
Registered
455 Posts
It seems to depend on the driver. I've seen figures where the M6 is faster, the A4 is faster, or they are the same. Overall, they are very close or pretty much the same in acceleration.

I am not sure how the A4 is as far as quickness to shift, smoothness of shift, or anything like that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Auto's are KOOL I had a Porsche Boxster with the tiptronic trans and it was alot of fun; kinda the best of both worlds you could talk on the phone and drink coffee with out much problem. But the Auto in the GTO wont really give you the down shifting that a tip will. Trust me after driving a M6 you will miss down shifting. If thats the kinda driveing you like.

·
Registered
172 Posts
MLegere said:
Auto's are KOOL I had a Porsche Boxster with the tiptronic trans and it was alot of fun; kinda the best of both worlds you could talk on the phone and drink coffee with out much problem. But the Auto in the GTO wont really give you the down shifting that a tip will. Trust me after driving a M6 you will miss down shifting. If thats the kinda driveing you like.
:agree
Another thing I like is being able to get the rpm's up in a given gear without having to almost floor it. This is nice on hills or when you want higher power in general.

·
Registered
115 Posts
well before i bought my imb m6 the salesman at devoe pontiac in bonita springs raced 2 of the gtos that they had in the lot one a4 and the other the m6 . well the m6 beat the a4 by a car . needless to saw thats why i have the m6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.