Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got an AMES Performance catalog in the mail yesterday and they sell an interior paint I'll try. I think it's for vinyl only. I'd like to touch up my metal glove box door also. Does anybody know if vinyl paint works on metal also?

·
Registered
117 Posts
About three months ago, I got my vinyl dye from Performance Years. Talked to them on the phone beforehand and they sent several color swaths/patches to me in the mail so I could be sure it was a match. Great service.

I did my console, dash and glove compartment door. So far it is excellent. Perfect match.

good luck

Dan

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Sir, I think you are going to get a closer match from AMES. I used SEM for some small plastic components a few times, but they were black. Matt

·
Registered
574 Posts
I "tested" the parchment paint I received from Ames last night. Off white pearlish came out of the can. Matches pretty darn close.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got lucky today! When I got this car last month the guy I made the deal with gave me a cardboard box and said there were some extra seat belts in it. Today I decided to look in the box and found an extra pair of hood scoops, a set of new belt retractor covers and a half used can of Ames brand gold vinyl dye! The color looks good! I'm going to order 2 new cans from them now.:party:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I need to paint the vinyl on my rear interior panels (ash tray panel and rea r quarter) do you guys think this paint from ames will work well to paint the Pearl panels and match my interior? I want something flexible that will hold up. The panels are in great shape except some fading/rubbing so I hate to buy new ones. Any experience here?? :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts