Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, found my way here at 7am, been up all night,

im thinkin bout buying a GTO,

i was looking around for like mods for the 05 GTOs, and im not sure whats up..
i saw some stuff, but for the LS1 i guess the 04s ..

whats the diff between the LS1s(04s) and LS2s(05s)

any websites you guys shop at for parts?

what are the most basic mods i could do soon as i get it?

how you guys like your GTOs anyway?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Take your pick

Mine is an '05 and it's bone stock.

There are more aftermarket parts for the '04 LS1 simply because it's been around so long in other cars.

The '05 LS2 brings you 50 extra horses over the LS1 the day you pick it up over.

So ... the question becomes .... what do you want to do to and with the GTO?

If you're into modding and building a beast, then you can buy a lot of mods for the price difference between and '04 and an '05.

If you just want great stock performance ... buy an '05.

Either way ... you'll love the car!

Except for the incredibly slow-moving front seats. To fix that ... buy an '06.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah, if you get an 05 you'll just have to wait a few more months for the mods to start coming out. The LS1 has been around for many years now, but this is the first year the LS2 is in production.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ima wait 2 3 more months and get the 06's

man, lately i havnt been able to sleep.

cant decide on weather i should get a 350Z or GTO.

if i get the 350Z, id pay bout 41 for navi, and the 300HP touring edition.
the interior would be nice in the 350Z, not as good as the G35, but still

the interior in GTO just sucks..
no option for navi

i went for a test drive on all 3, i wasnt comfortable in the G35.. the Z i was quiet happy with, but man, i had the fattest smile when i was test driving the GTO

i think im set on the GTO for now.. we'll see how much i get get the price down

hey guys, can you tell me how much you got the price down when u bought ur GTO?

ive never bought a new car before, so i dont know how much the dealers would take off..

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got 12,800 off the sticker price of my 04 in December 04. 5500 rebate, 5000 gm card round up earnings, 1800 off msrp (down to "tissue"), 500 dealer coupon.

If I was in the military I would have gotten another 500, and if i waited I may have gotten another 2 500 coupons and the 1100 holdback off.

that would have been a total 15,400 off sticker. Some people did get them for that price. You may too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you're getting the 06, don't expect to get much off until late next year. MAYBE you could get 1k or 2k off depending on the dealer, but it will take some haggling.

The interrior of the GTO doesn't suck... quite the opposite. It's very nice and quality made. The thing that sucks about the GTO is it doesn't have a lot of "creature comforts". I mean like climate control, navigation unit, and those other little things though. I don't really miss them though. I'd much rather have a wonderful working and handling car than have a weaker car with a million gadgets.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you want a muscle car get a GTO

If you want a nice import, get one. Either you mention are nice cars.

Yeah, I know the goat's an "import", but muscle all started here in the good 'ol USA. Just took Holden to do it a little better :D

Me, I was raised on V8 rwd cars. First muscle car I saw when I was a kid, did it for me. :cheers

all boils down to personal preference

·
Registered
498 Posts
itson said:
the interior in GTO just sucks..
The GTO interior is VERY well constructed. Nav is nice, but in my opinion I could care less if the Goat has it. Trust me, you wont miss it while trying to control 400 horses. Get the GTO, you WILL NOT be disapointed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have owned a 350Z and it was a good car, but I did have the following issues with it:
Power was OK, but not spectacular.
There were visibility issues, paticularly blind spots and don't think of using the sun visor or you won't be able to see anything behind it
It has a small and impractical trunk, ridiculously hobbled even more by that strut bar.
Fairly loud interior noise level at highway speed

It did handle very well, however, better than the GTO.

The GTO has some issues, well documented here, but I wouldn't call them significant.
The gas mileage between the two cars is fairly close, disappointing for the 350Z considering it has 113 hp (or 63 for '04) less.

I added a Garmin Streetpilot 2160 to mine so I have navigation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.