Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ummm...OK, not.

Oh well...I'm learnin' stuff for my truly functional ram-air idea. Not sure if it will work...need to tape airflow tufts on my Goat.

Anyone have a stock '04 hood they wanna donate for The Cause? :D

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Pretty neat. So that's where "NACA ducts" came from! When I was taking undergraduate classes at the University of Redlands -- their library, of all things, had an in depth discussion of the aerodynamics of the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona as written by the Society of Automotive Engineers. It was very cool. That big rear wing on those cars? Actually worked better when it was about two feet lower -- but since the car had to be road worthy, it was raised so the trunk could open...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b_a_betterperson said:
Pretty neat. So that's where "NACA ducts" came from! When I was taking undergraduate classes at the University of Redlands -- their library, of all things, had an in depth discussion of the aerodynamics of the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona as written by the Society of Automotive Engineers. It was very cool. That big rear wing on those cars? Actually worked better when it was about two feet lower -- but since the car had to be road worthy, it was raised so the trunk could open...

I've seen that reprinted on the web somewhere...too bad that Dytona Superbird was soooooo fugly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts