Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Apparently I wrote a lot of books in my previous incarnations.:cool
Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but all I found on myself was a link to my personal webpage, which is a blues/Hendrix/SRV thing. Oh yeah, and a bunch of books by guys bearing my name. Where's my royalty checks? :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
i had 1,200,000 under my name and one that included my 2005 tax return w,ssn:willy:
Man, that's too much confidential info just floating around out there. How does a tax return show up on the web?:confused There should only be 4 people/places that need it: you, your accountant, the state gov't, and the IRS.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I got 1,600,010 results for my name. I looked at about 100 and decided I'm not important enough to be on any of these. LOL

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got 1,600,010 results for my name. I looked at about 100 and decided I'm not important enough to be on any of these. LOL
I only get 99,748 results. I feel left out. :(
You guys must have more common surnames than I have. I followed some of the search results, and fortunately I didn't run across any sensitive info other than my name/address/phone #, which is in the phone book anyhow.

Still, the question is how did someone's tax return end up on the web for anyone and everyone to view?

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still, the question is how did someone's tax return end up on the web for anyone and everyone to view?
found out its just on the puter i was using which is at home. if i pull it up on another puter i dont get my ssn and stuff. but still i deleted it any way:cool dang hackers could get in and get it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
found out its just on the puter i was using which is at home. if i pull it up on another puter i dont get my ssn and stuff. but still i deleted it any way:cool dang hackers could get in and get it.
Good to know that stuff isn't out there for everyone to see. If you don't already do so, FIREWALL YOUR PC! I'm on a cable modem that is connected 24/7, and I run the Windows firewall PLUS Norton firewall and antivirus. Haven't been hacked in a long time, but there have been some attempts that were thwarted by the firewalls.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Good to know that stuff isn't out there for everyone to see. If you don't already do so, FIREWALL YOUR PC! I'm on a cable modem that is connected 24/7, and I run the Windows firewall PLUS Norton firewall and antivirus. Haven't been hacked in a long time, but there have been some attempts that were thwarted by the firewalls.
:agree

1 - 15 of 15 Posts