Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Saw It from Phoenix

Cool pictures, Groucho.

It was just after dusk last night when my wife came running inside, having just returned from an errand. "Come look! Quick!" she said. So I jumped up (I think I was watching the season premiere of Joey) and followed her out.

She pointed at the darkening western horizon, and I could clearly see that contrail all lit up. It looked like someone had scribbled with white marker on a piece of dark purple paper. "It's a rocket being launched from California," I said. "The contrail is up high enough that the setting sun is hitting it."

Here in metro Phoenix, we see these both at sunrise and sunset. The ones at sunrise are from launches in New Mexico. Fun!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Wanted to see that from the Bay Area -- but there was cloud cover. Saw one of those a few years ago -- pretty awesome. Just a trail of flame going up really, really, really fast. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is a beautiful shot! Thanks for sharing it. I was polishing my GTO in the garage and looked up to see it. Not quite the same look in Vegas, but still beautiful and surprising!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nitrogirl said:
That is a beautiful shot! Thanks for sharing it. I was polishing my GTO in the garage and looked up to see it. Not quite the same look in Vegas, but still beautiful and surprising!
NP- check out the link- he has many more suh-wheet pix...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts