Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup everyone. I've got air leaking out of the drivers side cylinder head. I hope I explained that right...it's coming out in the rear all the way in the back. I retightened the bolts cuz I found a few not too tight hoping that would do the trick but nope. Car runs without any problems but you can hear it "farting" all the time. My question is is it as simple as just replacing the cylinder head gasket? I'm ok with little reparis but havent done anything thing like this before
and def dont wanna mess anything up and also if Im gonna change one side guess I should change the passenger side as well to avoid future problems? Thanks a ton in advance guys. Be safe. peace. RC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correction. My bad. Found the leak. Should have done a more thorough search. It's coming from the header. Got a burnt finger for confirmation in the process :mad: . Guess I'll try some gasket sealant if not just change out the old ones for new ones, guess the same question applies, should I change the passenger side as well to avoid future problems? Sorry for the mishap. Peace. RC.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Don't waste your time with gasket sealant. You need to replace the gaskets. I would also looking into switching to studs rather then header bolts. Maybe even consider doing a long tube install :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
If money isn't an issue or the leak isn't annoying you and you can wait get the SLP set up with new headers and high flow cats on their mid pipes. Awesome sound and awesome power!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts