Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a cyclone grey 06 6-speed with 18" rims. Had 7 miles on it. I bought it Saturday, which was my Girlfriend and I's 2nd anniversary, so I felt a little guilty about getting it that day, but she was a trouper in the dealership for 3 hours! We had a reservation booked that night at the best B&B in Denver. The car was out in the lot, and it has been really cold in Denver the last week, so of course after I got to the B&B, got checked in, we decided to head downtown to eat. Car won't start! Battery was not charged long enough. I called my salesman, who called the Head of the Elway Dealership. They had roadside assitance come jump it, and I drove it to the dealership. They gave me a 06 Buick Lucerne???? as a loner until mine is looked over. The loaner is a nice enough Grandpa car. Kind of cool with the seat warmers on a cold night!
The car had a littel bit of scuffs on it and white speckles from where the shipping cover/canvas/sticker or whatever it is was removed from the car. Dealership is gonna buff it out. The whole car will be buffed. A few little things on the inside will be taken care of as well. Got to put about 20 miles on it before it went capout! I must say, I loved it! Glad I went with it over the G35 (although I still like the exterior of the G35 better!). Will get it tinted very soon. I do not like the key/keyfob thing. Just to darn big! But at least I have 2 of them. Ill put 1 away for safe keeping. I was reading a thread on this site a few months ago, about some item that you really need to have in case you ever loose your key. Some said it was in the trunk, and others said the dealership would give it to you. Anyone know what I am talking about? A card maybe? I do not know where mine is, but I have not had a chance to look through the vehicle to much just yet! In case your curious, I got it for 30,440. It would have been a little more with the 18" rims, but the dealer forgot that I requested them, and still let me have them at the cost of the 17" price. I guess it saved me 400 or 500. Love the car, just wish I could drive it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cool - a fellow Coloradan with a GTO :cool

Personally, I drive my old GTP in the snow. I've heard the GTOs are supposed to be decent enough....but I don't buy it. And, even IF it drives okay, I don't want all the rocks and mag chloride hitting it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
congrats on the new ride :party: i found my card in the packet the dealer gave me with the owners manual, and a getting to know your gto cd and little booklet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.