Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising South on I35, MMOB in the far right lane. In the distance I spot a Porsche in my rear view coming up fast, weaving through some moderately thick traffic. When he gets close to me, he slows down and paces me for a little bit. I wasn't really in the mood, plus rush-hour traffic was starting, so I didn't react. He pulls on ahead, but still hangs around me, allowing a gap to appear in front of him. I know what he's trying to do, so I said "what da hey". I dropped down to 4th and floored her. Just as I suspected, he punches it and walks the living sh*t outt'a me. All I could do is just smile! Latter we end up side-by-side, and I look over at the guy, some dark shades wearin.....young rich kid lookin mo-fo, prolly a celebrity's son. I give him a "What's Up" nod, and he grins and punches it again, the car sounding like some Jolly Green Giant's Hoover vacuum. It had to have had 'bout 25psi of boost or something, the way it took off. He made it look like I was driving a Sentra or a Suzuki Swift! :eek:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Don't feel bad, I got walked a couple of weeks ago by a beat up Mazda Miata with a non-OEM rear fascia/tail pipe with the ass end still in primer with a giant tube running from the back right bottom side of the car to the front left side, must've been turboed or supered out the ass, maybe nitrous too, who knows. That's what makes it fun, you never know till you hammer down.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I remember your thread. Its funny how you think your car is somewhat fast, then some beast humbles you. Suddenly, the s.o.t.p. dyno gets a major recalibration! :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey dont feel too bad I hear Suzukis come with a great warranty!!! I got slapped like a red headed stepchild by a Ferrari before......it is comforting to know that your car costs 1/4 of what his does. Good news is you can put 6k in your car and probably wipe the grin off his face......but how many of us just have 6k layin around???:party:

·
Registered
299 Posts
A 911 Turbo is a $120,000.00 car now. I would not feel bad at all. In fact I would fell honored that he wanted to race you. He would only challenge you if he felt the GTO was even worth the race. Nice job:seeya:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 911 Turbo is a $120,000.00 car now. I would not feel bad at all. In fact I would fell honored that he wanted to race you. He would only challenge you if he felt the GTO was even worth the race. Nice job:seeya:
That's what I was thinking also. :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey dont feel too bad I hear Suzukis come with a great warranty!!! I got slapped like a red headed stepchild by a Ferrari before......it is comforting to know that your car costs 1/4 of what his does. Good news is you can put 6k in your car and probably wipe the grin off his face......but how many of us just have 6k layin around???:party:
If things pan out with a house I'm trying to sell, I might have some more funny money to play with......... :cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man I hope the market in Texas is better than CA otherwise you, like many others, might find yourself upside down. lol EEEEKK Burnake in the house!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
no offense, but I hate California. I am so glad I know longer live there.:willy:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Awww cmon guys.....we have great weather, amazingly shallow people?, and great TV shows like The Hills, Sunset Tan, and go kill yourself (I am bringing this one to Fox).

·
Registered
72 Posts
What year was it? Why would you assume 25 psi? j/w

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure of the year, but it wasn't the latest. Don't know how much boost either, but it wasn't stock. If you had heard the exhaust hiss, you'd understand. There was absolutely no note or tone to it, just the sound of high pressure air, like if you were to bust the valve off of a large O2 cylinder. I would run a stock 911 Turbo with a little bit of confidence, but a modded one is a different story all together.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Since Greenspan left the FDIC/Federal Reserve, they have played footloose and fancy free with interest rates. Some bankers think that they have held the interest rate hostage for too long and actually caused much of the housing crunch. They could have lowered the interest a lot sooner and avoided this mess. Additionally, under Greenspan only one voice spoke for the Feds. Now every regional governor has been unleashed and a variety of voices send the market up and down like a Yo Yo. It is not a good time to be in the market for a house or trying to sell. My sympathies. Best of luck. As a realtor friend says" "There is always a market for a well-built house" I hope your's is one of those.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's been worked on inside and out. I wouldn't even recognize it if I didn't already know! I got some good news from the realtors today, there's been a offer! :party: My fingers, toes and eyeballs are crossed!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well it isnt that easy. I know that this is a car forum but if the feds dropped the rates, the US dollar drops as well and now I would request to be paid in Canadian.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Shouldn't be to suprised. The 911 turbo is a legit 11 second car. Get some boost of your own and go looking for a rematch.

And it posts those numbers all day long due to the AWD.

I've been raped by one in the rain from a dead start against my RX7 TT. It took off as if it were dry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts