Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But wasn't driving the GTO. Was in something like a 1967 U-Haul Truck with a billion miles on it -- picking up a new sofa for the guest house.

This truck was a real piece of crap. The cube smelled like fish. The radio in the dash was a hole with a Marlboro box in it. The exhaust system was kind of rotted out -- so it sounded like I was running open header.

Pulled up to a traffic light next to a kid in an old CHP-style LX notchback coupe. So while the light was red, I did a little brake stand and gunned it a couple of times. The sucker was loud as hell -- and blowing big clouds of smoke. The kid, backward baseball cap and all, gets bent -- and takes off like a shot when the light turned green.

Made doing a chore kinda fun, I guess. At least I got him on the reaction time.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
But wasn't driving the GTO. Was in something like a 1967 U-Haul Truck with a billion miles on it -- picking up a new sofa for the guest house.

This truck was a real piece of crap. The cube smelled like fish. The radio in the dash was a hole with a Marlboro box in it. The exhaust system was kind of rotted out -- so it sounded like I was running open header.

Pulled up to a traffic light next to a kid in an old CHP-style LX notchback coupe. So while the light was red, I did a little brake stand and gunned it a couple of times. The sucker was loud as hell -- and blowing big clouds of smoke. The kid, backward baseball cap and all, gets bent -- and takes off like a shot when the light turned green.

Made doing a chore kinda fun, I guess. At least I got him on the reaction time.
:lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts