Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And of course, you always see things that you don't want to see.

I noticed two leaks that concern me.

The first leak is coolant, I noticed it coming out of the frame and tracked it back to the passenger rear of the engine bay. Here's a few pics, The fluid dried where it was actually dumping out of. It's not pouring either, appears to be sloy but steady when engine is running. I just had the thermostat and system flushed 2-3 weeks ago while is why out of state... That probably lead to this failure? If you recognize it, please let me know what it is so I can get the part ordered asap. Also accepting any Advice, Hints, Tips and Cheats on repair.

Second, it appears that I am leaking tranny fluid from around my gear shifter. Piics to show what I saw. It appears to be an aftermarket shifter installed by a previous owner. Anyone recognize it? Again, tips hints, anything will help since I'm still new to working on these bad a$$ goats.

Sigh...... If its not one thing, its another eh?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Arighty, I think I'm looking at a Heater Control Valve 15-50419 to fix this leak with the coolant...

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
Ugh. You have the horrible B&M shifter. They have a propensity to leak due to being only held with 2 bolts. Get a GMW or GMM and throw that thing away

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ugh. You have the horrible B&M shifter. They have a propensity to leak due to being only held with 2 bolts. Get a GMW or GMM and throw that thing away
AhHa! I knew I didn't like this shifter! It never really felt "right" to me... I wonder if this shifter could have caused, or at least speed up the issues that I am experiencing with the tranny now...

Which would you recommend Svede, GMW or GMM? I will do my own research as well but it's always good to listen to others opinions and ideas! I read about one that has set screws to keep you from over-shifting. sounds like a nice addition. Guess I better break out my Google-Fu skills!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts