Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a really long time since i had a good run/posted. I was on my way to walmart and saw this BMW coming up fast. so i pick up the pace a bit and he came up behind me as i had to stop for a light. Well when the light turned green, there is a curve that goes left. as soon as he get a chance to get over he went to the right lane and i put the go pedal down (did not step on it. its damp outside) no wheel spin at all and he started to ease up kind of slow at WOT. then we were even for about 1 sec. and then he just passed me pretty good. got up beside him and found out it was a kid in his dad's M5 with a pass. He rolled down the window and rolled his finger in the air like Whoopy dooo as i asked him was it in 400 mode or 500 mode. He said 500 mode. Well at least mine did not cost over $50,000 bucks

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
M5 is a nasty car to race. Even the new M3 is dead even with slightly modded GTOs. I was a car length or 2 on a highway roll all the way up to 140 with a new M3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
M5 is a nasty car to race. Even the new M3 is dead even with slightly modded GTOs. I was a car length or 2 on a highway roll all the way up to 140 with a new M3.

My Dad has an SRT10, apparently they are quicker than the GTO? Anyone have any feedback?;)

JayD

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Didn't know the Beamers (M's) were so quick. I see so many around here I just figure they are good handling cars but for the most part not as quick as the GTO's.

I guess they deserve more respect.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My Dad has an SRT10, apparently they are quicker than the GTO? Anyone have any feedback?;)

JayD
Man are you way of the OP's topic!!!

Oh well, I ran anSRT10 with my Z28 just recently and posted about it. Also ran a GTO and posted about it.

From those two runs I'd say the truck, and only if it was the short bed with a 6spd, would be quicker to 50-60 if the truck driver was good. From there the GTO would slowly edge ahead till 110 or so where the GTO would start to take advantage of it's aerodynaics.

If it's the 4 door SRT10 he better go look for 99-04 stock Mustang GT's.

I'd definately take a short bed 6 spd SRT10 over a Lightning, but both are great trucks.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Been a really long time since i had a good run/posted. I was on my way to walmart and saw this BMW coming up fast. so i pick up the pace a bit and he came up behind me as i had to stop for a light. Well when the light turned green, there is a curve that goes left. as soon as he get a chance to get over he went to the right lane and i put the go pedal down (did not step on it. its damp outside) no wheel spin at all and he started to ease up kind of slow at WOT. then we were even for about 1 sec. and then he just passed me pretty good. got up beside him and found out it was a kid in his dad's M5 with a pass. He rolled down the window and rolled his finger in the air like Whoopy dooo as i asked him was it in 400 mode or 500 mode. He said 500 mode. Well at least mine did not cost over $50,000 bucks
M5s are pretty quick, but a slightly modded GTO could handle it. Nice death to a nice car.

JayD
Yeah, reread the OP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts