Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got dropped off by the man in brown. :party: I'm open to input on what tires to run. Size and brand. The brakes are LS1 which I plan to run front and rear. Guess it's time to start a build thread!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Saaaaweett. no recomendations on tire size Sorry. But should look fantasic when done.

·
Registered
405 Posts
oh man they look good, when you get em mounted post a pic of the hole car, ive been thinking bout some taller wheels. btw nice to see another tempest custum!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
As tall and fat that will fit. Rears probably 275s, depending off the rim offset. I would contact the manufacturer or go on the restomod forums and see what they put on them. Chevelle info works on GTO's most of the time. I would say 275's rear, 235s front.
Nice ride!

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Those look Fantastic!

Saw a real Judge locally that had those wheels and it looked downright mean! Nice choice and they should look awsome on your 65'. :cheers

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Great choice of wheel!!!!! Now for the hard part......so many sizes so little time! I would pick a brand first.....I'm hoping to go with Continental myself. ..Just take your time and BE SURE before you buy!! :cheers Eric

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
these wheels just became available nov 1 i think. i have been drooling over them myself. my wife has given me the ok. i just cant pull the trigger yet for some reason. waiting to see how they work for somebody else i think. 17x9 has me nervous for the fronts. it sure looks sweet sitting there though. :cheers

just looked at year one again and now they say approximate delivery date jan 30. glad you got yours so soon.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I'm sure they're going to be spendy too. My truck has 17"s. The rubber is a whole lot more expensive than the 16"s. I can't imagine what the guys are payin' that are "rollin' the 2 - 0s" ................

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now I'm thinking 275's on the rear, 245's up front. I'm waiting on APC control arms and some other stuff, then the car goes under the knife for a few weeks.

66tempestGT, I ordered them about 10 days ago, so I feel lucky to have them.

Cost of tires doesn't worry me. It will be a fraction of what everything else is costing. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Suggestions on tire sizes;

245/45R17 up front= 9.64" sectional width, 25.68" tire height, 8.7" tread width.

255/50R17 on the rear= 10.03" sectional width, 27.03" tire height, 9.5" tread width.

275 may be too wide for a 9" wheel if the aspect ratio is less than 50.

Here are the numbers for a 275mm tire;

275/50R17= 10.82" sectional width, 27.82" height
275/55R17= 10.82" sectional width, 28.9" height
275/60R17= 10.82" sectional width, 29.9" height

Nitto 555's are available in both sizes (245&255) and can be found with red lines for that mid 60's look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
wow those look nice- I am going to get some 17's and had them all picked out(until now)
are they steel or alloy and how much??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O5GTO, Thanks for the info. I haven't found the redline tires anywhere on the net. Got a link? I was thinking of continental's.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
the first time i saw them was the beginning of oct. they said available nov 1st. now they say jan 30.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe,

I haven't mounted them yet, or put tires on them. I'm waiting on a few more parts before the car goes in the garage for a work-over.

I think the first run of the wheels must have sold out quickly, that's why the date changed.

Chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts