Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is more a "pure Pontiac" crowd but my Formula is actually my dream car since I was a lil kid watching Knight Rider. I got it painted real nice. :)

I'm in love all over again. I feel like a 5 year old that just got his knight rider diecast. This time its the real thing.. Sorta. Lol.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Nice. Is that somewhere around an '89? I really like that body style. I bought a new '89 firebird in Bright Red. Yep, that's what they called the color. Still have the window sticker.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
:cheersVery nice HotRod....i grew up on Birds when i was your age....69' (first car), 76', 79. If i ever do another resto it will be 69'-72' TA.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. Is that somewhere around an '89? I really like that body style. I bought a new '89 firebird in Bright Red. Yep, that's what they called the color. Still have the window sticker.
It's like you read my sig or something. ;)
Yep. '89 formula 350 to be exact. I did a bumper swap from an '82 t/a since I'm biased to that year and also cause of knight rider. :)

IMO this was the revival of performance cars for gm. When they started to be fun and fast again.
:cheersVery nice HotRod....i grew up on Birds when i was your age....69' (first car), 76', 79. If i ever do another resto it will be 69'-72' TA.....
I'll be a bird man till I die. Got that tat to prove it. :D

Bet you wish you had those back. Specially 69!

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Nice ride. My Uncle Bob bought one of the first 82's to come out and it looked just like the Night Rider car, black and tan, so awsome.

I remember the first time he brought it to the house to show my Dad. They came out of the house and my 4 year old brother was rolling rocks down the hood!

Had a buddy in HS that had a GTA notchback with the 350. It was a good runnin' car but we had no idea how rare it was lol.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice ride. My Uncle Bob bought one of the first 82's to come out and it looked just like the Night Rider car, black and tan, so awsome.

I remember the first time he brought it to the house to show my Dad. They came out of the house and my 4 year old brother was rolling rocks down the hood!

Had a buddy in HS that had a GTA notchback with the 350. It was a good runnin' car but we had no idea how rare it was lol.
Maybe Your bro was testing it to see if it came with kitts indestructible body? Lol

My 1st car was an 87 gta 350. Turned out to be a bad decision on the parents side. Too much car and not enough experience. I wrecked it. :(

The tq will get you in trouble in these cars. Lol

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
It's like you read my sig or something. ;)
Yep. '89 formula 350 to be exact. I did a bumper swap from an '82 t/a since I'm biased to that year and also cause of knight rider. :)

IMO this was the revival of performance cars for gm. When they started to be fun and fast again.
LOL, I didn't even see your sig. I'd really like to get another one, maybe a T/A this time. That body style looks stealthy. I like how it feels like you're inches off the ground..

Here's one like I had minus the pin stripe and tops. Same color, wheels, etc... Pre digital camera, no pics to easily post.. haha

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. So it was a v6 base model then? I've never owned or drove a v6 model. I didnt like my '96 with the way more powerful 3.8 v6, lol. Performance wise anyways.

These cars are alot of fun to drive. Specially with about 345tq like the 88+ came with. :D

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Ya, that's all I could afford at the time. I'm sure that was even stretching it. It did have a 5 speed.... I enjoyed it....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I hear ya. I was in the same boat with my '96. All I could afford and I did enjoy it for the most part.(owned it for nearly 6 years) I'd probably still have it if it werent for a desperate person needing a daily driver for the Lemans. Heluva trade if I do say so myself. :D

Hated I had to watch v8 cars and hi-end imports rev and wanna race though, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts