Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealershp called me this morning and told me my car was fixed after 45 days of being in the shop(true, first time it was in it was for 28 days, this was either the 3rd or 4th time in the shop for this problem). I was down there 25 minutes later, where I picked it up and arrived at work 45 minutes late. When I went to pick up lunch for my office this afternoon, "beep, ... beep, ... Safety Mode,... (once again) looks like Ill just have to wait two more weeks and eat $2000 in order to get the GTO I wanted, one that works!

Im beginning to think there arent many gto's on the road because they dont run.

·
Registered
65 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
dealershp called me this morning and told me my car was fixed after 45 days of being in the shop(true, first time it was in it was for 28 days, this was either the 3rd or 4th time in the shop for this problem). I was down there 25 minutes later, where I picked it up and arrived at work 45 minutes late. When I went to pick up lunch for my office this afternoon, "beep, ... beep, ... Safety Mode,... (once again) looks like Ill just have to wait two more weeks and eat $2000 in order to get the GTO I wanted, one that works!

Im beginning to think there arent many gto's on the road because they dont run.
Sounds like you got a lemon. Why would you be the one eating $2k on a new car like that? I would expect the warranty to cover needed repairs so soon, and with the amount of time it's been in the shop, I would start enquiring about getting a new GTO under the lemon laws. What exactly is the official diagnosis of the problem with your Goat?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ive got 2 weeks before I get the cash from my "dealer repurchase" Im selling it back to GM except for a little over 1300 in "wear and tear"(which GM is FORCING me to pay) and then the other 700 comes from the fact that I got it with 3.9% financing and now I will get no where near that with GMAC...

Ive signed the paperwork and settled for an amount even though I wasnt pleased with it, but what else was I going to do?

So in 2 weeks I will have some cash back and will still be looking for another gto even with GM's Guaranteeed Customer Dis-Service!

Original Diagnosis: Pedal Sensor

Current Diagnosis: ECM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stockton see if they'll give you a good deal on the new Goat. I had a Dodge Dakota R/T that Dodge re-purchased for me (yes, lemon law in most states says that you have to pay depreciation based on mileage, even so you're better off than trading it in, but I digress). When I told my regional rep that I was considering another Chrysler product (Jeep), he put me in contact with the GM at the Jeep dealership and I got the Jeep for $500 below invoice. This was '99 before they were offering all the deals you can get today. But, it's certainly worth pursuing if it will save you a few bucks.

Good luck with the new one!

·
Registered
674 Posts
money is tight for all of us i think. I took a bath financially with the aurora because of gm customer dissatisfaction telling gm customer disservice to not do their job.

while i lost money on the aurora, i gained satisfaction selling three honda/acuras to friends, and NOT selling as in getting people NOT to buy gm products. I have two new
GM products in my driveway, yes i have the title, but they are smartbuys.

i take satisfaction knowing I was able to use the gm card funny money to get the cars, and that in order to get me into the cars gmac used an artifically high resale. I will lease another gm car, but i will not buy one or have one without a bumper to bumper warranty - which of course is worth very little.

moral, you may take a financial bath on this gto, but i think gm will lose more than the 2000 by bad press. i think a link to this thread to every consumer group, web board etc. is in order.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would consider a lawyer as well. And it's a great suggestion to let the dealership know that you 'at least' thinking of purchasing from "Another Dealership", and might RUN from pontiac in general.
They should give you a GREAT price on the new GTO to keep you happy.
Or at least they can hook you up with an extended warranty NOW that you are SCARED to get another GTO, etc, etc.

Lots of options here. And I am not sure agreeing to take the $2000 hit is the best one just yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. In the end "YOU" have to be happy, and that's all that matters!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, on Tuesday(the day after my bday) they call me up and tell me my GTO is fixed right. I drive it off of the lot and the 3rd time I start it the SAME problem happened again, ive been over this part already...

Well, today "Safety Mode" AKA the mechanical edition of "1984" was driving me up the wall when a mazda protege out accelerated me from a light...

So I call up the dealership and I tell him that I cant drive it anymore its driving me insane(I stay calm throughout the process...) And I tell him that Id like to stop by in a half and hour and figure out a rental car quick since I work 60 hrs a week in an office and my boss doesnt like me ever to be "out" of that office. So when I get to the dealership my rep. there, real nice kid, is sorry to inform me, but I will not be able to get another rental car because I am in talks with a GM Rep about repurchase. He said he was sad to tell me that I was going to have to stay in my broke gto until the GM rep figured something else.

I remained calm and more or less collected until I returned to my car saying that nothing really surprises me anymore with GM.

When I returned to my car, I jumped in the GTO and surprisingly "Safety Mode" didnt turn on when I started to roll the tires, so off went traction control and I left the Biatch with my head steamin and my tires smokin.(thats tyres for you aussies)

I understand this was not the best thing for me to do, I wasnt in my right mind, and Im sorry but I felt and still do like this is David Vs. Goliath.

If any of this is unclear, ask me for corrections, Im trying to play it cool in the office, but I am still steamin...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally I think this was sabotage, giving me back my "fixed" car only to discover it wasnt fixed at which point I was informed that since I have "my car" I do not qualify for a rental.

I could easily be wrong..., but it seems that GM is going out of their way to guarantee to me their World Renowned Customer Dis-Service. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
674 Posts
what i like about this board compared to the :mullet: infested board is people with gto problems dont get flamed.

I would be pissed. in fact i was steaming pissed when i was going through the same crap you are going through with our aurora.

i swore not to buy another gm product, and not to own one out of warranty unless i got it for nothing (as in rusty old beater train car). i dont think you are far behind. the accord V6 with a manual transmission is a very nice car, and i hear they rarely break down.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
So, on Tuesday(the day after my bday) they call me up and tell me my GTO is fixed right. I drive it off of the lot and the 3rd time I start it the SAME problem happened again, ive been over this part already...

Well, today "Safety Mode" AKA the mechanical edition of "1984" was driving me up the wall when a mazda protege out accelerated me from a light...

So I call up the dealership and I tell him that I cant drive it anymore its driving me insane(I stay calm throughout the process...) And I tell him that Id like to stop by in a half and hour and figure out a rental car quick since I work 60 hrs a week in an office and my boss doesnt like me ever to be "out" of that office. So when I get to the dealership my rep. there, real nice kid, is sorry to inform me, but I will not be able to get another rental car because I am in talks with a GM Rep about repurchase. He said he was sad to tell me that I was going to have to stay in my broke gto until the GM rep figured something else.

I remained calm and more or less collected until I returned to my car saying that nothing really surprises me anymore with GM.

When I returned to my car, I jumped in the GTO and surprisingly "Safety Mode" didnt turn on when I started to roll the tires, so off went traction control and I left the Biatch with my head steamin and my tires smokin.(thats tyres for you aussies)

I understand this was not the best thing for me to do, I wasnt in my right mind, and Im sorry but I felt and still do like this is David Vs. Goliath.

If any of this is unclear, ask me for corrections, Im trying to play it cool in the office, but I am still steamin...
I would have done the same thing.... I don't think you're in the wrong at all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.