Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have liked the GTO's since they came out, but I had already bought an 04 RX-8, and at the time my local dealer was asking $8000 over sticker. Well, I sold my RX-8 on Monday the 6th, and picked up my GTO on saturday. I was watching an add in the paper and it kept dropping, plus my GM card gave me $2000 toward the purchase if I did it before Jan 3. This got me in my NEW GTO for $5 more than I sold my Mazda for. I am very happy. It is a red on black A4. I look forward to spending a lot of time here on the forum.
Shawn

·
Registered
87 Posts
SHAWN04GTO said:
I have liked the GTO's since they came out, but I had already bought an 04 RX-8, and at the time my local dealer was asking $8000 over sticker. Well, I sold my RX-8 on Monday the 6th, and picked up my GTO on saturday. I was watching an add in the paper and it kept dropping, plus my GM card gave me $2000 toward the purchase if I did it before Jan 3. This got me in my NEW GTO for $5 more than I sold my Mazda for. I am very happy. It is a red on black A4. I look forward to spending a lot of time here on the forum.
Shawn
Shawn how do you qualify for a GM card? i have bought serveral GM's and im not sure what these are.. thanks.. what was your final drive out before TTL if you can..

AND CONGRATS.. SOUNDS NICE.. THATS AN AUTOMATIC RIGHT? IM THINKING of getting an automatic..

thanks Tony

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know this is a long shot but you don't live in Indiana, do you? I started seeing a red gto this weekend. Saw it twice. Probablt not you but worth a shot. Congrats on the car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Z16Z06

The GM card is a credit card(MasterCard) You can apply for it just like any other card and you earn %5 on everything you buy toward a new GM car.

·
Registered
267 Posts
SHAWN04GTO said:
Shawn
congradulation.... welcome to the forum

·
Registered
35 Posts
SHAWN04GTO said:
... Well, I sold my RX-8 on Monday the 6th, and picked up my GTO on saturday...
Shawn
Hey Shawn, congrats (I just picked up a blue 6spd myself a few days ago) Tell me how the torque compares between the RX-8 & your new Goat :D My neighbor has an '03 RX-8 & he's been avoiding me since I cruised by in my GTO ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
i am not shawn but i have driven a rx 8 and it is void of torque.its a rotory so it needs to reved out to get any performance, but i will say its fun to run the snot out of one.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had six RX7s over the years. They were more fun to drive than any Fbody of that era. I didn't try the current one because the incentives were just too good on the GTO so I went for the GTO. I wouldn't knock any RX7.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys that was a great welcome to the board.
Somebody asked about the price, I ended up out the door for $20,995. The dealership had the car discounted to $22,995 and then I got my $2000 Gm Card bonus. The GM Card is just a mastercard, I don't know why the sent me the offer, they called it a Top Off Bonus.
As far as the RX-8, it was a blast to drive in the upper RPM's but it had no power compared to the GTO. I had a 97 C5 a year and a half before I got the RX-8, I need a four seater, so the GTO is the perfect car for me. My Vette had a head and cam package headers ls6 intake and 3.42 gears with a Yank stealth convertor. It ran 10.3 in the 1000 ft, I never got it to a full 1/4 track. If you do a search on Corvette forum for Shawn84&92, it is in my old signature.
I am located in Alma, Arkansas, and bought the car in Siloam Springs.
I look forward to doing some mods to the GTO in the future, I love driving this car!!!!
Shawn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts