Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361685213.744559.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361685232.571165.jpg

My girlfriends father gave me some old Car Craft magazines from 1969 (mostly 62). This was the only magazine with a GTO ad I found. Her dad knew an old mechanic and had these books also.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361685455.138602.jpg
This photo is from the Prestolite ignition tune book. 65-78 ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361685587.824760.jpg
This photo is from the vacuum and wiring diagram book. 67-71.

Kinda cool to see old magazines from the 60s and get some old shop books.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I love those old magazines! Bought a full year of 1969 Hot rod mags last year at the flea market for only $5!! So much win in these, and yeah, the advertisements are just as cool (or cooler!) than some of the feature cars and articles.

One of my favorite old ads is for the "Turbonique"; look it up, i've seen some stuff related to it on Ebay. Basically a solid fuel :eek: powered turbocharger connected either to the rear axle or similar to a conventional turbo.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome find! I like asking younger guys (many of whom are ASE certiified mechanics) if they could check the dwell on one my cars/trucks. That almst always draws a blank stare!-lol

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love those old magazines! Bought a full year of 1969 Hot rod mags last year at the flea market for only $5!! So much win in these, and yeah, the advertisements are just as cool (or cooler!) than some of the feature cars and articles.

One of my favorite old ads is for the "Turbonique"; look it up, i've seen some stuff related to it on Ebay. Basically a solid fuel :eek: powered turbocharger connected either to the rear axle or similar to a conventional turbo.
Ill have to check it out.

I love the old fonts and advertisements.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts